+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    rss

Yes | No

Re: Anybody heard of Longwood Industries?

Longwood Industries seems to be legitimate. I put up my car on cars.com and autotrader and a couple of days later, got a call from 'Jeff' at Longwood Industries; his 'message' seems to be the only unsavoury part of Longwood Industries. The way he says it sounds like he's some private guy who's in the business of matching car sellers with buyers and it sounds like he already has some people who are interested in buying your car; if you listen carefully to the message, it's simply another car-selling website, you can't accuse them of being dishonest. I didn't really listen to the message too carefully at first, and I went ahead and put up the ad; then I saw this site. However, my car sold in a couple of days time with autotrader and I sent in a cancellation request to Longwood Industries; I was pleasantly surprised a couple of weeks later, to see that the full amount had been credited to my credit card without any hassle.

Hotrodgirl

Yes | No

I just got a message on my voicemail From Jeff at Longwood. It sounded like a recording. I don't trust it. I'll sell my hot rod pick up on my own. Not to mention I've got a FREE online ad for 2 months in the buyandsell here in BC!!! Why would I pay when I don't have to....

McAfee.Alliance

Yes | No

I have longwood. Get it? LOL!

Registered Member
    Member No: 96434 AprilGoose is an unknown quantity at this point AprilGoose's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone wonder why this post is still active?

JJ

Yes | No

I'm up here in Vancouver ,BC Canada, also got several calls on my Altima from Longwood, they say "they've got lots of buyers for my car".

My price is a bit high and I'm getting no calls through the papers on my own.

I have trouble seeing how these guys will have a special market for buyers for my car. It's not like the Altima is a hard car to find that potential buyers would need a "broker" like Longwood to locate right?

Seems to me like a bit of a scam. Don't know for sure though.

Lisa

Yes | No

Sandy

Yes | No

I too received a call from Jeff. Sounded like a recorded message to me as well. I think I'll stick with the Autotrader. Something seems fishy to me.

cporcho

Yes | No

I too received a telephone call from these same people. Has anyone used them?

cathy

Yes | No

I'm really glad I looked into this Longwood Industries and found this page. I recently placed an ad in my local paper that included an online ad and I received a call from Jeff the very next day. Not only did the message sound automated, it also sounded too good to be true. Besides, having just paid for an ad, why would anyone be willing to pay an additional $89 to sell a car? This is my first experience trying to sell a car--on line or otherwise--and let me tell you, it's been quite an eye-opener. My first contact was from a guy overseas who offered to send me a cashiers check for more than I was selling my car for...in other words, it had SCAM written all over it...and my only other contact has been with some guy who was willing to buy my car sight unseen for half the amount I was asking for it so that he could then take it to an auction and sell it for twice as much as he paid for it. I was beginning to feel totally taken advantage of...people really suck sometimes...but hey, now I know better. I'll hold out for the right buyer, who will hopefully be someone from my own community...like in the old days when you could actually trust people.

Kess

Yes | No

Yeah, "Jeff" was the name used when they called me, too. Must be a code name for an area. (Cleveland?)

Bronson

Yes | No

Thanks for the feedback positive and negative.

I'm trying to sell my 99 Escalade in the Houston Auto Trader and have been called four times after returning "Jeff's" call.

I am also being courted by Jordan at preownedautomall.com and their fee is about five hundred bucks.

A friend in the repo business say the second company is legit but I am a skeptic.

I'm trying to let auto trader do it's thing before I try anything else but I've gone four weeks with only one call trying to compete with the dealers and not take a huge loss on my truck.

Plus, it's hunting season. :)

RICK

Yes | No

I had a voice mail from Jeff yesterday. Called BBB in Ottawa but they did not have them listed. Don't know where Longwood is located. If that was known, BBB can give the phone number of the nearest BBB to see if they are legit. I called the 1-800 number and got the usual list of options and bits of info while on hold forever. Think I will stick to Auto Trader too.

Derek Imig

Yes | No

Finally...someone posts a comment on this page worth reading! Thanks for your help. I will not use them and do not recommend them to anyone either.

barb W.

Yes | No

Hi,

I just got a call from them also. I'm really unsure about them. It sound tooooo good. Do you know anymore about them and have you used them?

Dan

Yes | No

I got the same call from Jeff. For the past 3 days I had been home and picked up the phone no one was on the other end. My caller ID said anonymous, didn't pick up today and got the message on my voice mail. My guess is it's an automated system, or they have really bad employees who don't know how to sell their services LOL. Anyways I'm not going to spend $89 to sell my $650 car.

Hoot

Yes | No

I just recieved a message from Jeff and he saw I had an ad to sell my vehicle - it's a 1984 garbage truck - I mean a real for live garbage truck in Alaska no less. This really sounds fishy.

George

Yes | No

Glad I found this post. Got the call from Jeff. It sounds like you get Jeff for the East coast and Phillip for the West Coast. I have an ad with Autotrader for 3 months and in no need to get ripped off. I received an offer on my car from a Buyer in the UK offering to send me payment by Western Union wire transfer. This guys says I would to need then wire his US agent $6300 for shipping. I am going talk to my Bank about it. It sounds like as scam to rip me off.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147862 griffinator is an unknown quantity at this point griffinator's Avatar

Yes | No

I actually work as a CSR (not in sales) for TheBigLot, the site Longwood is affiliated with.

The guarantee is for real, the "buyers lined up" may or may not be, depending on your car and the area it's in. While it's true that many of our sales reps have been guilty of stretching the truth about whether or not we have buyer requests for a given vehicle, the fact that we do operate a buyer matching system on our site, rooted in user request apps that come in daily (someone looking for a particular year/make/model in a particular area)

I actually bailed out of the sales side and over into customer service because of the pressure to stretch the truth to sell an ad.

As to the guarantee: I process about 30 refund requests a day, and maybe 1-3 of them are actually rejected because they weren't sent within the correct time frame, or someone failed to upload a pic, etc. The vast majority take about 2 weeks to process after we receive them, and are then credited back to the original purchase CC.

Believe me, I wouldn't work for a company that was an outright scam. We do have a website with pretty strong traffic (6-7 million hits a week), and I can confidently state that we do get a large number of the cars listed with us connected with buyers.

The group of sites connected with Longwood are as follows:

www.thebiglot.com
    www.autohopper.com
    www.buyausedsportscar.com
    www.buyausedsuv.com
    www.canadausedautos.com <-- really just a backdoor into the canadian section of thebiglot.com, but it's out there, and will turn up in a search engine.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll be stopping by to check in on the thread.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147862 griffinator is an unknown quantity at this point griffinator's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow, I'm so glad you pointed to ripoffreport.com

I didn't know that

Primerica
    Ramada Inn
    Pizza Hut
    The Better Business Bureau (?!)
    Ameritrade
    AT&T
    Bay Bank and Trust (?!)
    Best Buy
    Capitol One
    Carnival Cruise Lines (?!)
    Cellular One
    Circuit City
    Direcway
    EchoStar (Dish Network)
    Expedia.com (Microsoft)
    Freecreditreport.com (?!?!?!)

aw hell, I'm not gonna go through the entire list and point them all out.

Point being, "The Ripoff Report" is completely and utterly unvetted. If you got a beef against ANY company, you can slander them on The Ripoff Report and suckers all over the planet will believe you, because "It must be true, it's on a website" - and the good folks at TRR are more than happy to splatter it all over the place just because dirt makes good copy.

dj

Yes | No

I got the same call as all of you. Check this out http://www.monroe.bbb.org/Consumer/NewsandAlerts/novhottopics.html.
    They are lowest rating with BBB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information