+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Rajesh Menon

Yes | No

Allan from Longwood Industries - Suspicious

Hello Friends,

Thanks for the candid comments. I received a call from 'Alan' to help me cell my Nissan Altima. A casual search revealed this website. I would not be returning his call. Thanks again guys.

Tarrbaby

Yes | No

Re: Anybody heard of Longwood Industries?

I just received a call from "Allen" as well. My Honda is only listed on Cars.com and Carsoup.com plus the local paper. I suspect this Longwood Ind. may just perform a search for listings that are 1 day or 1 week old, etc... It took me all of 30 seconds to do it on Cars.com. This does not mean AutoTrader and others are not selling our listings but I do not see any proof of it.

Marie

Yes | No

Hi... I'm selling my Volkswagen and I'm in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada), and I sure got the same message from "Alan" than all of you did... I was suspicious too so I decided to look into it a bit further before I return his call. I just want to say thank you to all of you for taking the time to write something about it... it sure helped me made my decision not to return "Alan"'s call! It's kind a funny how one guy can handle Canada and US by himself and have the time to sell our vehicles!

Denise McCarthy

Yes | No

I just received a message from Alan also for an ad I placed in one of the New Hampshire local newspapers. This guy obviously works a lot of hours scanning papers! Needless to say I will not be returning his phone call.

Angry

Yes | No

Well, well I am glad I looked up this "Longwood Industries". And yes "Allen" called me too about my car for sale. Their stupid autodialer had been calling me for a week! Nothing pisses me off more than being hung up on, so I finally did not answer it this morning and "Allen" finally left a message. No way in hell am I calling them back.

lar lar

Yes | No

These people are pure liars. Absolutely do not give them money. I would not even be polite to them. Got me for $100 and are not even sorry for he ripoff. How can people work with or for these bad people. A normal person would be ashamed. The attorney general must be a real wimp to let these con artist-liars keep bilking money from people. These bad people will promise you anything and not deliver!! Do not give them money!! Stay away!!!!
    I am writing to Ca attorney genreal. I really wish crooks like this would get put into jail.

Mike

Yes | No

I also had a call from Alan - August 1, 2007. Glad I checked online before I returned the call. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I won't be calling.

Peter

Yes | No

I got the call from Alan. $100 and $90 refund if it did not sell for asking price. Called them back. They seemed nice. Not so nice after I read this thread. Thought my Craigslist ad was somehow special. Now I'm sad. But better sad than poorer.

Vicki

Yes | No

Thanks for the info. I too got a call from Allen and it sounded suspicious. Glad I checked out Longwood Ind. I won't be returning the call.

Donna

Yes | No

Thanks for the info. my husband almost did the scam.. BUT I looked on line and found thousands of comments about NOT using them.

Joanne

Yes | No

I just got a call today from Allan, someone else had called last week too. Said they would guarantee the sale of my camper in 30 days as they had several interested buyers for only $99.99..yeah right i thought. So good thing i am an aware consumer and checked on the internet and found they are bogus...thankx everyone!!

Brian

Yes | No

My call from Alan was from an ad on Craigslist..

LISA G

Yes | No

I recently posted a my toyota for sale on CL and then I received a call from Alan from Longwood Industries. I then spoke to Amanda asking more questions. They quoted me $99.00 up front with an almost 100% guarantee sale for my type of car and asking price.Then if the car did not sell, they'd keep $20.00 admin fee. I was going to go for it but now I am pretty sure they are a scam.

LISA G

Yes | No

I recently posted a my toyota for sale on CL and then I received a call from Alan from Longwood Industries. I then spoke to Amanda asking more questions. They quoted me $99.00 up front with an almost 100% guarantee sale for my type of car and asking price.Then if the car did not sell, they'd keep $20.00 admin fee. I was going to go for it but now I am pretty sure they are a scam.

dennis

Yes | No

I got a call from Allen. When I called the 1-800 #, the gentleman on the phone told me that he wasn't in right now, but he would be able to assist. He then told me that he looked at my ad and that he has a list of people who were willing to buy my truck and full asking price, if not my money would be fully refunded. I then offered to list my truck and if it sold through the wonderful service he provided, that I would gladly pay the $99 fee, after they have found me a buyer. He politely declined and I asked them not to call me again. One week later, I receive the same phone call from Allen from Longwood Industries and if I wouldn't mind returning his call.
    Grrrr.... Then I realized that every Thursday, my ad in the Autotrader gets renewed. Even though the Auto Trader generally caters to dealerships, my truck sold in four days. It seems as though folks looking at the Autotrader are also looking for private sellers....
    Either way, I am tired of people trying to sell me a service. If they're truly interested in purchasing my truck, then call. If you're not interested, quit wasting my time.

Buddy

Yes | No

October 15, 2007

I put my car up for sale on Cars.com and the next day I had a call on my answering machine from Longwood Industries stating they had someone who might be interested in my car. Simply call their toll-free number and ask for Alan. I did. He was in the back running something or other but Linda asked if she can help. I ask about the potential buyer. She gives me a speel about collecting data across the country from potential buyers and they have several who might be interested. All I have to do is sign up with them and they'll list it on www.thebiglot.com and www.autohopper.com. (These websites are one and the same). For $99 I can list with them for a month for a guaranteed selling price of $8500. If it doesn't sell in a month they will refund $79 and keep $20 for administrative costs. All I have to do is send them the request for my $79 and they'll send the money right away.
    This whole deal is a scam. It's well constructed, it's legal, and it's fiendish. What they are doing is advertising your car on their web sites---but they don't want your car to sell. That's why they give you a "guaranteed" high selling price. They know it won't sell at that price. They are really selling a one month ad on two sites no one has ever heard of for $99 (only $20 if you request your refund). They of course have an obstacle course you're required to run through to get the money, and when you do they still won't pay.
    There are several other people who have experienced this boondoogle. Here are some URL's:
    http://superdork.net/horsepower/blog/?p=80 or http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/211/ripoff0211077.htm
    or http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/general/index.html?bID=150359. If you can't reach these for some reason, just put Longwood Industries in your browser and peruse the list. Dispite Longwood Industries best efforts at obscuring the browser window with URL's (probably written by them) stating that they're a none-profit (which they are, another fiendish part of their scam), and that they hire disabled people (they probably have one somewhere to meet government regs), and they are captains of industry doing good throughout the world---THEY'RE BOGUS.
    I suppose it's always best to consider that the internet is unregulated, which causes these scammer types to [Oops!] themselves at the possibility of ****ting us.

sharlyn

Yes | No

So happy that I read this message board prior to falling for the Longwood Industries line. I too received a call from Allen. All too good to be true.

I have a 2007 Chev Impala listed on the website Craigs List. Don't know if this Allen actually researches the net or Craigs List sells info.

I notice that many on this message board have their cars listed with Auto Trader so just wanted to let everyone know that Longwood also gets info from Craigs List.

Good luck to everyone that is selling a car at this time
    Will not be following up on Longwood. Don't need the agravation

Does anyone have a favorable comment
    Member No: Does anyone have a favorable comment's Avatar

Yes | No

gg

Yes | No

Thanks!!! for the warning! I SAVED 150.00

Thank all of you for the warning!!! I to got a call from Alan he was calling from roanoke,Va. I received about 8 calls in a 2 wk period. I didnt feel exactly right about it so I asked to get a pamphlet. They did send me something cheesey and with no website or email. I looked up longwood and found all these comlaints.PASS IT ON>>>

Allen Called

Yes | No

Hello yes Allen has called me also IV noticed an unlisted number so naturally I never answer, I just let the other party leave a message. Well, wile listing too the sales pitch he stated he had a buyer interested in my Van, so IV hurried and picked up the phone and repeatedly saying Hello! and no answer Allen was actually a recording "after the sales pitch was over I tried too get the phone number he had left, when IV picked up the phone during the recording I had no recording recorded. So I went on the net and IV found this website Thank God for the computer Allen was out too con me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information