+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hmm, somebody turned the lights out, and

hasn't turned them back on for along while!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

ibew595/ Tangital thinker
    Member No: ibew595/ Tangital thinker's Avatar

Yes | No

I saw one honking bright light...

Your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at work in Livermore.
    Toured the NIF at Lawrence Livermore and saw what trillions of dollars are buying you, 192 lasers all pointed at a BB. They figure that the laser will only be operated a total of 4 seconds in its entire lifetime. Think of it this way, they are using about 18" of light each time they fire it so 4 seconds at the speed of light actually adds up to some serious #s. 1.1 million miles of light chopped up into 18" pieces.
    For you "older" folkes....
    I figure when they get all 192 lasers to fire it will ignite and create the fusion they are looking for and then go on to ignite the atmosphere.
    Where have I heard that story before?
    103 yesterday. Viv, have the AC on? My neighbor just bought a E39 Black 525 in 02 variety with ~25k on it.Woot.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Do I have the A/C on? Silly question!!

YES, in fact, most of the evening both A/C units are on! This really stinks. I'm not looking forward to my SMUD bill ;-(
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

ibew595/ Tangital thinker
    Member No: ibew595/ Tangital thinker's Avatar

Yes | No

Sadly My Utilities (are) Due

Time to move up to that cabin? Or move to Hawaii and it will always be 70-80
    On another note:
    Go Lance, Go!

Ian

Yes | No

at least smud goes easier on you than PG&E!

our smud bills over 2 years were very reasonable compared to what we were paying in davis
    how have you guys an gals been?
    just got back home after 2 weeks spent everywhere up and down california
    only to set off on a trip to the beautiful cabin up in truckee thursday night
    throw in a round of golf and some gambling+drinking and we're alllllll set :)
    eagle valley carson city here we come
    on a side note, you gotta love the 25+ degree difference between berkeley and davis/sacto
    my girlfriend hates me as i tend to rub it in every time i call her, which is several times a day heh heh
    how's the south bay looking kev?
    o yah, you should see the press we have at the richmond field station that sucker puts out 4 million (if not more) pounds of pressure
    it has its own damn building... haha
    we also have some steel dating back to the building of the golden gate bridge, they actually look like sections of it
    not to mention the cal cannon they shoot off at the football games and some kind of wave simulator and many many many other strange "research" projects
    ahhhhhhh..... our money at work
    time to pass out!
    damn these double shifts

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information