+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 99427 gruss is an unknown quantity at this point gruss's Avatar

Yes | No

New Texas Windshield Registration Sticker question

I just received my new Texas window registration sticker and it is awful. The sticker does not actually stick to the window but has a platic backing with a 1/2 inch overlap that sticks to the windshield. The sticker looks like it was printed on a cheap color printer. I was not sure I had put it on correctly and even was avle to pull it off with any damage. Am I missing something here?

Gruss
    01 540 6sp Sport
    Titanium Silver

wht5er

Yes | No

that's how they look now I guess

Just saw them on my cousin's car today. Pretty ugly. Lucky I got my new one before they switched over to these ugly things. Gotta move back to CA before my sticker is up for renew next year! haha

Registered Member
    Member No: 127380 rmichaelmoore is an unknown quantity at this point rmichaelmoore's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New Texas Windshield Registration Sticker question

Yeah, I thought the same thing. First I was sure I would mess it up somehow. Push the little triangle with your thumb (which did not work) and then remove it from the back? Don't try to remove it from the front. And then there was this little, silver rectangular sticker next to it with "VOID" printed on it. What's that for? Trash I assumed.

In the end, I think some people might get by with a good inkjet printer and some clear packing tape. It's just that goofy.

kc5

Yes | No

It's ugly ugly ugly!

kc5

Yes | No

Send your complaints to TxDOT...........

e-mail them at https://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdot.htm or call 1-800-558-9368

Chatman

Yes | No

Well. Iv'e had my sticker for two months now. So far the gentleman that details my car has had to get it out of his vaccum twice from when it was sucked off the window. Iv'e had to put clear duct tape on it to hold it in place. I understand this is a work in progress. Please come up with something better. As Mom used to say "If it ain't broke,...

Chat

eponine_pontmercy

Yes | No

Yes, I wasn't sure if that was how it worked either. It seems like anyone can pull it off if they want to. Why did they change to these new stickers? I read that you should just throw the VOID sticker away.

Registered Member
    Member No: 97839 sroberts is an unknown quantity at this point sroberts's Avatar

Yes | No

yeah, i almost threw it away because i thought (m)

it was just a reciept.

I also love how they charge you a "convenience fee" for renewing online. For ****'s sake, it saves them money! Whatever IT manager came up with that scam must have recieved quite a promotion.
    Steve
    2000 540i/6
    Royal Red/Sand
    Xenon/DSP/M5 shift lever
    E46 ZHP Shift knob
    Royal Purple Sychromax tranny fluid
    Royal Purple Max Gear diff fluid
    25% tint all around
    BlitzSafe AUX-in adapter for Dell DJ
    BMWCCA, Houston Chapter

Charlie Brown

Yes | No

Gruss,
    I think we are missing competent workers/designers at TxDOT.
    Just got mine today and also noticed the little red tab on the end of the tape. It really does help in moving the sticker from car to car without messing it up. Even for Charlie D Brown! Thanks TxDOT!
    TxDOT deserves to get the Charlie D Brown "Gross incompetence in simple matters" award. They are such dunderheads.
    Charlie

Bud

Yes | No

Here's what I sent

Reply is requested.

Message Type: Complaint

Complaint Statement:

The design of the new Windshield mounted Texas Vehicle Registration “Sticker” is completely UNACCEPTABLE. By enacting such a poorly designed sticker as an obvious cost-cutting maneuver, the security of the sticker and road use tax system has been compromised.

Think you had a problem with counterfeiting before? Just wait. You’ve created a more easily duplicated design and securing method. This design can and will be easily and exactly replicated by anyone with a descent computer, scanner, photo retouching software, and adhesive sheet laminating material available at any office supply store.

This level of design incompetence should not be allowed to stand.

Resolution Requested:

Complete and total redesign the Sticker...and the immediate termination of anyone associated with design and/or approval the project

Bud

Yes | No

Complain here:

Bud

Yes | No

How do other states handle this???

kc5

Yes | No

Re: How do other states handle this???

Most states put them on the license plate itself. Texas used to do this, but they claimed that so many were stolen that they decided to put them inside the windshield. The inspection and registration stickers are a real eyesore and I hate them.

Registered Member
    Member No: 129781 yrwei52 is an unknown quantity at this point yrwei52's Avatar

Yes | No

Since the new registration sticker needs such a large area to put on, I have to cut the transparent sticking boarder to fit it in (we also have emission inspection sticker and several parking stickers). What a stupid design! Our county clerks did peel the confusing smaller sticker out so we don’t even see it.

The yearly state emission inspection ($39.50 in Dallas area) is also getting very annoying. Most computerize vehicles will not have emission problems for the first 4-5 years. Besides, any emission issues from the car will be registered in OBD-2 computer and why we need to hook up the expensive inspection computer and do all the tests each year? I heard in CA they only inspect cars (I mean the type of emission inspection which need to hook up the computer to OBD) once for many years.

kc5

Yes | No

The emission test is only done to generate revenue ($$$) to the state. Most cars these days are very clean. If "they" are truely concerned about air pollution, then "they" should focus on industrial plants and airplanes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information