+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 128926 BMWM52 is an unknown quantity at this point BMWM52's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW Service in Westchester NY

As anyone had any experience with Bimmers Only in Bedford NY? I need a reliable BMW servive shop for my non dealer upgrades/service. Is there anyone else in Westchester County NY?

Morty K.

Yes | No

Re: BMW Service in Westchester NY

Perfomance BMW in Dobbs Ferry. Karl own the shop.

FD Burke

Yes | No

You owe it to yourself to talk to Graham at Bimmers Only in Bedford. He serviced my E30 for years and now that I'm going to be buying an E32, he's going to be the only guy who ever touches it. He's honest and his work and prices can't be beat.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147929 RHR1960 is an unknown quantity at this point RHR1960's Avatar

Yes | No

I agree that Graham is highly skilled and seems to run an excellent and honest shop. However, I just had the most unusual experience with Bimmers Only who, in the past, have done a couple thousand dollars worth of excellent work on my car.

I called to get an estimate to install new struts and shocks, and he said that he "wasn't interested" in working on older cars because there are "just two of us," and "newer cars are easier to work on." He recommended a new BMW dealership nearby and, when I objected to spending dealership dollars, he said "well, that's what we charge anyway."

It was absolutely the most bizarre conversation I've ever had with an auto repair shop and utterly unexpected of a BMW CCA advertiser (at least I'm pretty sure he is...). I was particularly disappointed, because it took me a while to find Graham and he has done such good work for me in the past. Maybe he blew me off because it has been several years, but is it my fault that the e30 is bullet-proof? Alternatively, maybe parts for the newer cars are more expensive, so he can make a better profit on them?

So, the moral of this story seems to be that you can take your newer car to Graham, but there's a "velvet rope" policy for older models??

adam k

Yes | No

Independent BMW Service in lower Westchester NY

Does anyone have a good mechanic who is experienced servicing a BMW in Lower Westchester...Larchmont NY area? I get sick paying the dealer and my car is off warranty.

X5 Driver

Yes | No

Re: Independent BMW Service in lower Westchester NY

Try "Haus of Bimmer" in Bronx - Excellent service and very reasonably

tommy

Yes | No

Re: Independent BMW Service in lower Westchester NY

i fix all bmws i work for the factoryand do alot of sidework as well

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information