+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 25422 larrychew is an unknown quantity at this point larrychew's Avatar

Yes | No

DIY recharge of Mr Clean Deionizer Cartridge?

The Mr. Clean water softener (deionizer) cartridges are way too costly to use here in Santa Cruz, CA where we have extremely hard water. I only get a few rinses per cartridge.

Has anyone worked out a procedure and/or come up with a rig to recharge the the unit?

I think that I can hook up a piece to tubing to the outlet hole of the filter and backflush it with salt water for awhile and then flush with distilled water until what comes out doesn't taste salty. Would the amount and cost of the distilled water exceed the cost of the cartridge?

Registered Member
    Member No: 60341 waynejitsu is an unknown quantity at this point waynejitsu's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: DIY recharge of Mr Clean Deionizer Cartridge?

Have you tried the CRSpotless Filter System?

I am now a "believer" in the unit. Try it once and you will throw the Mr Clean unit away!!

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Wayne's Towels - For the best in MicroFiber & Detailing Supplies

Our Ultimate Plush towel is now Zaino approved!

Registered Member
    Member No: 25422 larrychew is an unknown quantity at this point larrychew's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes. Cost per rinse would be lower than...

with the Mr. Clean unit too. I see that Griots has a water softener too. I notice the car dealers use the large cartridges on carts for rinsing.

Maybe I can justify the price by doing my own windows on the house instead of hiring window cleaners - it's a two story house. I guess I can really afford it but I think I need to rein in my toy ( I mean tool!) purchases.

Registered Member
    Member No: 60341 waynejitsu is an unknown quantity at this point waynejitsu's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Yes. Cost per rinse would be lower than...

The CRSpotless is also great for windows, as you mentioned:)

If time is money, it will be worth it in the long run.

There are times when you do need to hand dry, but for those times you just want to wash and go, the "CR" is great!!!

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Wayne's Towels - For the best in MicroFiber & Detailing Supplies

Our Ultimate Plush towel is now Zaino approved!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information