+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

bmwguy

Yes | No

SCHULBA Auto Repair - Belmont

*** This posted edited by moderator (CWR) on 8/23/06 ***

This message was posted somewhat anonymously by someone at BMRparts.com. If you're reading this and aren't savvy to the Internet you're advised to take the following message post with a grain of salt. Followups to this post, some of which, are posted by longstanding members of the Roadfly and BMW community suggest the opposite of what this anonymous poster is saying.

This post has not been removed due to legal action pending against the message poster.

Original post follows.
    ###################################

Warning to everyone.....

These guys are a huge ripoff and do very poor work. They took me for a lot of money and my car still does not work. Then when you call them you can never get a hold of the owner.

Stay far far away....

RFK

Yes | No

Thanks for the tip - same with Beck's in Oakland.

My trans cooler line leaked into the coolant via the radiator, and when I told Becks about the red coolant the immediate response was to replace the entire engine, because it must be rust! Even I could see that it was trans fluid. $250, a new radiator and 30K miles later, still running strong.

Someone else on this board suggested Carrera in San Mateo. I've thought of trying them or Holland. Post a message if you have tried either one and have any comments.

RFK735i
    San Mateo

Registered Member
    Member No: 134456 cliffyjohn is an unknown quantity at this point cliffyjohn's Avatar

Yes | No

Have to disagree as well!! Schulba is great.....

BMWGUY (aka BMRPARTS.com Bavarian)

If this is true what are the details I surely would like to know cuz I rate these guys ahead of Dinan.

They have the following on my 88 M5:

- Big brakes
    - 7 series bushings
    - installed dinan stage 1 susp
    - short shift
    - new clutch and lightweight flywheel
    - strut bar
    - trans seals (never leaked since 60k miles ago)
    - sourced my new computer - helped resolve
    - regular major service
    - new rear diff
    - water pump
    - sourced my rad

Not only is he super knowledgable, he is a great guy!

Cliff

jumpingmatt

Yes | No

have to disagree.

Huh, know this thread is old, but I saw it on a google search when I was looking for their number for a friend. Granted it was 3-4 years ago, but I found Schulba to be extremely honest and very fair. Best mechanic I have dealt with (bmw-wise) in the bay area. I had an electrical gremlin in my old e30 and he had to try a variety of things and ended up not charging me when things wouldn't work out. Honestly, I haven't had a better, more honest mechanic in my life. My only regret in buying a new bmw was the full maintenance plan meant I wouldn't see him for years.

Registered Member
    Member No: 74139 ALB is an unknown quantity at this point ALB's Avatar

Yes | No

WRONG! Shulba is as honest as the day is long

1. Saved me from Smog hell with inspection coulda charged me out the wazoo but just adjusted a few things and I was back in spec for $60.

2. Does inspection I & II for about half of the dealer and actually replaces microfilter (Dealers skip this).

3. Readily shares knowledge and tips Quieted my cam chain noise with a switch to 20-50 oil). Hell he coulda done a whole upper end w/ vanos

4. Drives you to work when you bring your car in for service!! No waiting for Shuttle for 1 hour.

WJD3

Yes | No

I've been there a few times, and I thought....

he does great work. I dealt with the owner, and came away thinking they do very good work and seemed honest. He was telling me how dealers in that area call him when they can't find the problem. If I lived closer, I would be taking my car there. No problems here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information