I had this on the M3 board. Let's see if ya'll can help. Thanks.

Do the Forged Wiesco piston/rings burn more oil than the stock setup? When I run the car on the highway for 50 miles or more at a constant speed, come to a stop, and then get on it: It blows out smoke/carbon as if an old lady had been driving it. There is always an amount of carbon/oil on the rear of the car after some "sprited driving". Keep in mind I have only 3500 miles on this engine. Is this typical for a modified engine? High compression forged pistons, cams, intake, chip, injectors, etc, etc. etc.

This engine was built from the ground-up by yours truly. Not my first time to the rodeo. But this is my first time working with forged pistons. I had noticed on high performance cars at the track that seem to have the same oil/carbon sludge on the back of thier cars as well. I helped crew the #77 BMW at the 1996 24 Hr Rolex and it was covered the same way!! So, I'm just wondering if this is part of the price I'm paying for performance or if I have a cracked/unseated ring issue. I seriously doubt a leak down or pressure test will apply for this diagnosis.