+ Reply to Thread
    G

Yes | No

Sound deadening question

Before installing my "rear" window mechanisms..Would it be recommended to put sound deadening material in that secton ?..Inner rear fenders. Or would this cause any water & moisture issues seeping in from the small holes that hold up the aluminum trim piece?

Thx
    Giorgio

Richard

Yes | No

Re: Sound deadening question

Hey Giorgio!
    Hope all is going well with your CS assembly.
    I will be using QuietCoat for my entire CS later this year. I have seen demos and it it so much easier and better than any of those mat products. There will be no issues at all with moisture; go read the tech data at the web-site.

btw, does anybody know what has happened with Dan G and the e9coupe board?

Cheers, Richard

G

Yes | No

Hi Richard

Hey Richard,

Nice to hear from you....just visited your website..Man that is some "SERIOUS " work that you are doing...I see that you have become quite the welder....:}

Considering that I bought a car in boxes..Its going pretty well..Although I have to admit that I haven't the slightest clue to what some of the parts are or what there for !

Unfortunetly I had already bought sound deadening from "Be Quiet.com" Have not used it yet but it appears to be soft and gooey and I'm sure its gonna be messy. I used Wurth pads on my 02 and the pads were thicker more firm and expensive, but really easy to work with..as far as noise reduction ..The 02 is lowered stiffer shocks urethane bushings.. over 4,5 rpms it gets loud.

Dan's site is down last I read, and that they are working on it.
    Hopefully someone who attended the Monterey show will post some pics.

Keep up the good work.
    Giorgio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information