+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Ian Eyre

Yes | No

South Bay BMW

Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the service department, I'm considering taking my 88 635csi there, not too sure of their knowledge of the older cars...

If anyone has any other suggestions for shops, it would be much appreciated.

Cheere

Ian.

EdinLA44

Yes | No

Re: South Bay BMW

Hi Ian,

I don't have any personal experience with South Bay, but some folks have mentioned to me that their labor and parts prices are pretty expensive compared to others (they gotta pay for that big new building).

There are a few good independant shops around the South Bay area, depending on what you need done. One is South Bay Independant, 18020 S. Vermont in Gardena, (310) 532-3145. Another good shop is Steve's BMW Service, 529 North PCH, in Redondo, (310) 374-3279. I've been taking my BMWs to Steve's for more than 15 years and I'm a very happy customer. They're very knowledgeable concerning the E24s too. If you go by Steve's, tell them Captain Ed said hello.

Ed
    '87 535is

Registered Member
    Member No: 130273 brendonla is an unknown quantity at this point brendonla's Avatar

Yes | No

Another thumbs up for Steve's in Redondo Beach.
    They replaced the auto tranny in my '96 328i.
    They also rebuilt/replaced my suspension (new rear shock mounts; new struts all around, new front control arms; new bushings etc.)
    That was back in 2002 -- car drives better than new.

Not cheap, but reasonable given the cost of the parts and the expertise needed. I remember the first time I went there, Steve was talking to some guy in Indiana who was shipping a car to him to work on -- that's how knowledgable they are.

-Brendon

JC

Yes | No

Please stay away from them!!!
    i needed small part urgently and south bay bmw part dept. want to charge me 30% more then MANUFACTURE RETAIL PRICE!!!! i don't even know that if it's okay to do it.

couple of my friends went to southbay bmw for regular maintenanace service and they always come up with huge estimate that's not even damaged. my friend almost claim to bar regarding their BS.

anyway, please stay away from them.....

5Sport

Yes | No

South Bay Independent is the best. Couple of other board members go there too. In fact another board member with a 635 takes it there. Scroll down and you will find her.

NOT Happy w/ South Bay BMW Service...
    Member No: NOT Happy w/ South Bay BMW Service...'s Avatar

Yes | No

Ian,

I purchased a BMW from South Bay BMW, and based on my experiances over the last four years with the Service Department at South Bay BMW, I would NOT take any care there - nor recommend anyone to them. The reasons range from incomplete servicing (missing parts), to greese on the floor mats, to the offer of "free service" and then being charged for it.

Bottom line - STAY AWAY - In fact, RUN AWAY from them as fast as you can!

Cat

Yes | No

I wish I had read your review before taking my car in for service at South Bay BMW. South Bay BMW damaged my vehicle during repairs and tried to hide the damage by replacing the part with a salvage part. Unfortunately for them, I noticed. They lie with a smile, denying everything. So ... I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which South Bay BMW never responded to). After filing, I leaned that South Bay BMW has an F Rating - surprise. South Bay BMW did finally agree to meet with me - 5 months to the date later. But when I got there they informed me that since I filed with the BBB that they could do nothing, said it was now a legal matter. So - I wrote BBB asking if this was true and guess what BBB said - No, it is not true. I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Los Angeles District Attorney's Fraud and Corruption Department.

Bottom line THEY LIE, THEY CHEAT.

ALSO NOT HAPPY W/ SOUTH BAY BMW SERVICE
    Member No: ALSO NOT HAPPY W/ SOUTH BAY BMW SERVICE's Avatar

Yes | No

See Above Posting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information