+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 125840 texmln is an unknown quantity at this point texmln's Avatar

Yes | No

e39 vs. e60 vs. e90

Put the numbers side by side for the "30" versions of the e60 and e90 and you get the same engine and interior dimensions that slightly favor the e60 in roominess. Though the e60 has a longer wheelbase and is a foot longer overall, is the ride quality really all that different because of it and will anybody really need the extra two square feet of trunk space enough to notice it? Why would one drop an extra $10k on the e60 all things considered? Coming from an e39 the e90 is even more attractive looking at engines and interior dimensions - a good reason to bring out the e90 a couple of years after you got a bunch of e39 owners into the e60.

When it comes time to replace my e39, I think I'll save the $10k and go with th e90. What about you?

Registered Member
    Member No: 71563 kbud is on a distinguished road kbud's Avatar

Yes | No

I'll be goin to Porsche or MB if I need a

Sedan, BMW has lost me as a consumer.

K-Bud ([email protected])
    Baltimore, MD

E39 - 99' 540iA Sp. (Production 11/98)
    Titanium Silver/Black
    E46 - 99' 328i Sp. (Production 09/98)
    Titanium Silver/Black

Roadfly Member #71563 est. 06/03
    BMWCCA Member #312125 est. 04/03

Mods to Date:
    RevHigh CAI w/ PC'd Gunmetal Metallic Pipe, Breyton Fr. Lip Spoiler, Fr. Lip RaceMesh Grill 5/8" PC'd Black, Clear Rear/Front/Sides, 19" RDSport S4's w/ Gunmetal Metallic PC'd Centers 19x9 et18 Fr. & 19x10 et20 Bk., Toyo T1R's 245/35F & 275/30R, McGard Wheel Locks, Rolled Rr. Fenders, ///M5 Rr. Wheel Liners, H&R Sp. Springs, Koni Adj. Sp. Struts, ///M5 Fr. Brakes w/ SS Lines, Brembo Rr. Brakes w/SS Lines, Axxis Deluxe Brake Pads, ///M5 Fr. & Rr. Swaybars, ///M5 Gunmetal Kidney Grills, ///M5 Brushed Gauge Rings, 2.25" Magnaflow High Flow Cats, DDE Xenon Match Angel Eyes, Xenon Match H7 Fog Bulbs, AC Schnitzer Alum. Pedals, Denso Iridium Plugs, In-Dash Business CD Player, Blk. Metallic Int. Trim, Brushed Alum. & Blk. Lthr. Shift Selector Knob, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Storage Bin, Carbon Fiber Roundels, Billet Oil Cap w/ ///M Logo, Fr. Plate Delete, S/S BMW Tag Holder, Debadged

"I'm gonna keep trying if you keep trying, lets keep rocking and rolling." -- Dirk Diggler

Registered Member
    Member No: 51499 jspira is an unknown quantity at this point jspira's Avatar

Yes | No

Well, as of today, E90 it is!

See earlier post about E.D. order.

Freude am Fahren.
    -Jonathan

E39 2003 530i Sport - PP, Bluetooth (1st in U.S.), Phatbox, Sirius, &c.
    E46 2000 328Ci*
    E36 1996 328iS*
    E36 1992 325i*
    E30 1991 318is
    E21 1982 320iS*
    E21 1980 320 (6-Zyl)*
    *retired

BMW(space)CCA Member http://www.bmwcca.org/

Registered Member
    Member No: 94220 Bimmer5Michael is an unknown quantity at this point Bimmer5Michael's Avatar

Yes | No

This E39 is my last BMW as well

Might play with an E46 330ci but I doubt it.

I dont care about the new totally software driven cars or the styling. BMWs seemed to be styled for a different buyer and that is not me.

Michael
    00 540 Sport/6 speed
    86,000 Smiles and climbing!

Registered Member
    Member No: 3765 squenton is an unknown quantity at this point squenton's Avatar

Yes | No

hmm, sure we can't get you into a nice 530xiT in

the not to far future? (hehehehe) The e61 Touring pulls off the new styling (IMHO) much better than the saloon (sedan). ;-)

Now all we have to do...is keep you focused here...

...just remember...don't look at the i-drive...keep your hands on the wheel and keep your gaze looking out the windshield! ;-)

Q
    1995 525iT~~~~~~~~~~1997 740iL
    Build Date: 11/95~~~~~~Build Date: 03/97
    Alpine White III~~~~~~~~Arctic Silver

my Qsilver7 cardomain site

Registered Member
    Member No: 94220 Bimmer5Michael is an unknown quantity at this point Bimmer5Michael's Avatar

Yes | No

It's the only oone that looks "right"

The one at the dealer sold for "more" than retail! Amazing.

I had an event with my 540 yesterday SES light, shogun reboot, seemed ok all last night , today headed for church, stopped off at McDonalds for a biscuit and I had a surging idle, quick rev and it cleared up. Afraid something I am not wanting is on my horizon.

My ex recently got an E46 and that is a very nice little car, not at all like what I remember the 3 series to be, if it were only a 330..........

Also looking for another E34, low cost (read high mileage but in perfect shape) E39 with a 5 speed.

Also found a late 80s 911 that is really tugging at me. Brought back fond memories especially after I drove it. I must try to remember the "other" things about owning the car before I take the plunge.

Michael
    00 540 Sport/6 speed

Registered Member
    Member No: 51499 jspira is an unknown quantity at this point jspira's Avatar

Yes | No

except for Dame Edna front that is

I was in the dealership yesterday, doing E.D. paperwork. I really liked EVERYTHING about the Touring BUT...

Freude am Fahren.
    -Jonathan

E39 2003 530i Sport - PP, Bluetooth (1st in U.S.), Phatbox, Sirius, &c.
    E46 2000 328Ci*
    E36 1996 328iS*
    E36 1992 325i*
    E30 1991 318is
    E21 1982 320iS*
    E21 1980 320 (6-Zyl)*
    *retired

BMW(space)CCA Member http://www.bmwcca.org/

Registered Member

Yes | No

Maybe she will get a facelift!

But still I think what is holding me back is juat way too much electronics and gizmos for me no matter whet her face or a$$ looks like. It all boils down to what's inside...her soul. She was designed for TreeHuggers, engineered for no one.

Michael
    00 540 Sport/6 speed

Mr. Funf

Yes | No

Me too

I am seeing too many e60s around, but they are NOT e60s. As I look closer, they are upscale Toyotas and other Japanese cars. I'm not busting on them, but they sure have a lot of the new BMW styling queues. Like the side wrap of the front and rear lights. That is everywhere now.

It's difficult to tell many of them apart until you get right up on them. So even if the e39 falls out of style, at least you can tell what it is right away. That's really what BMW styling used to be. And I think the e39 might be the best, last example of that.

Registered Member
    Member No: 126986 DedBud is an unknown quantity at this point DedBud's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Me threee

I thought the same thing with the new e90. I was picking up a new FSU at the stealer and was wondering why they had a Toyota Corolla on the showroom floor. Then I realized that it was the latest styling bungle out of BMW. When I looked I stuck my head in the window to see the interior, a salesman came up to me and asked me if I liked what I saw. I told him "I've seen enough."

I doubt very much that I will grow to love any of the latest BMWs enough to buy one when my e39 needs to be replaced.
    2000 528i SP/PP (Badged as an F150)
    Royal Red, Illegal Tint, 2 working Xenons (one drooping)
    Heated Seats, Heated Tires, Style 5s
    Lead Foot, Dead Sticker ;o}

Registered Member
    Member No: 10448 rgol is an unknown quantity at this point rgol's Avatar

Yes | No

I will be getting an E90 next...the E60 is big!

It is as large as the e38 7-series...No thanks.

Robert

Mattldm

Yes | No

Most likely an E90 when lease is over...

I spent 4 hours at the dealer the other day while my car was in getting an alignment, and I was able to sit in, drive, and play with both the E90 330i and the E60 530i. I even took along a tape measure to get the exact dimensions to compare them to my E39

Front Headroom:(with drivers seat all the way down)
    E39 - 37"
    E60 - 38.25"
    E90 - 37"

shoulder room: (width from door to door inside)
    E39 - 57"
    E60 - 57"
    E90 - 57"
    Even though the cars are all different widths on the outside the interior space is exactly the same width, strange.

Rear seat leg room: (seat behind driver, with drivers seat in a comfortable driving position.
    E39 - 27"
    E60 - 29"
    E90 - 28"
    There is actually more room in the back seat of the e90 than the E39, but there is much less room under the drivers seat in the E90 for the rear passengers feet.

The Stereo (Logic7) in the 330i is completely amazing compared to the DSP in my 540. It really is a great stereo!

For the 10K difference between a 530 and a 330 when it is time to replace the E39 I will definitely go with an 390 330i!

Registered Member
    Member No: 119730 donsnewbmw is an unknown quantity at this point donsnewbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Owned my last BMW, an '83 533i (fast & nimble!)

for about 16 years. Hopefully my '02-540i6-E39 will keep me happy until BMW is again "De-Bungle-ized"! FWIW, the new designs are roomier, but not 'distinctive', IMHO. Okay, flame away.
    Don

mattldm

Yes | No

Get used to the software thing, all cars will be

that way soon!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Then I will stay where I am

I am not really into the lastest "GeeGolly" driveway/highway jewelry and I dont mind when the new leather smell is on faintly palitable.

I learned sometime ago to park my baby for a week at a time and drive old faithful (88 GMC Safari 314,000 original miles, all original engine no oil consumption) She isnt pretty any more but she still works her heart out. I can feel the anticipation of getting back into the current E39 already but will hold oof until next Saturday. When I get back into the E39 it's love all over again and she feels tight, new, and responsive almost like she must have felt when new, in fact the car is very nearly "new" with 86,000 miles and even smells of leather today. I like this E39 so much I have no need to step out on her.

Michael
    00 540 Sport/6 speed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information