+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    agentf1

Yes | No

Your thoughts on Leatherique?

Your thoughts on Leatherique? I am almost afraid to use it on my new Z06 seats. I used it on my crocodile watch band and it did not do a real good job on that, it left it much darker, tacky and it actually cracked a little on the lines around the croc blocks or pattern, arghhh, I guess I wanted a new band anyway and of course Breitling wants 500 bucks just for the band.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56427 OregonM3 is an unknown quantity at this point OregonM3's Avatar

Yes | No

For me it seems to depend on the type of leather..

I really liked what it did for the abused leather on our Ford Expedition. It did a good job cleaning and made the leather very soft. I used it on that vehicle as an experiment 1st. Then I used it on the M3. It was just "OK". It did not hurt or stain anything. And if you use as directed, it is easy to get rid of the tacky feeling that is there as the oil gets absorbed. But it did not soften that leather as much as the SUV and it is still a bit stiff though certainly better. Next time I am ready to do the M3, I think I will give Spinneybeck (sp?) a try.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124046 tmchow is an unknown quantity at this point tmchow's Avatar

Yes | No

My experience...

I did the seats in my car awhile back and was initially disappointed with the results, but realized 2 things:

1) The tackiness goes away after about 7 days
    2) I didn't apply it fully enough and clean it off which left "crack" marks.

once i re-did it and waited about 7 days, everythign was great!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Isn't "Spinneybeck" jsut a type of leather and...

.. not a cleaner/conditioner?

Registered Member
    Member No: 130547 noahas is an unknown quantity at this point noahas's Avatar

Yes | No

I used it last night and am quite happy

As others have said, follow the directions. It also depends on what condition your leather was in prior to treating it. Mine hadn't been touched in 9 years, looks GREAT now!

agentf1

Yes | No

Is it good for new leather/seats?

Is it good for new leather/seats?

Registered Member
    Member No: 56427 OregonM3 is an unknown quantity at this point OregonM3's Avatar

Yes | No

I think it is both. I found this link for it...

agentf1

Yes | No

Seats are soaking, I'll let you know.

Seats are soaking, I'll let you know. They kept soaking it up up until about 3 oz per seat. Directions say 4 ozs per seat so maybe I will coat it one more time if it soaks it up in the heat, the car is sitting in the sun heating up as I type.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6933 bimmer5er is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer5er's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Your thoughts on Leatherique?

The watch band is just different in too many ways. Much different than your car seats.

Leatherique and Color Plus are good to use a few times a year. You can just keep the seats clean with Woolite and water mix or Color Plus cleaner is very easy to use and PH safe. It can be diluted with water and used to maintain cleanliness.

I'll say it again, topical cream conditioners do more trapping of dirt than conditioning.

Bryan in DE
    00 323iT
    86 325e
    BMWCCA # 180984

Gone but not forgotten:
    97 328i
    86 M535i
    85 535i

Registered Member
    Member No: 5968 bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point bm71's Avatar

Yes | No

Leatherique is good stuff.

agentf1

Yes | No

Is 3 hours in blazing sun (black car)enough?

Is 3 hours in blazing sun (black car)enough? It seems to have stopped soaking it up.

tmchow

Yes | No

I ran the car with the heat on in the sun too :)

Registered Member
    Member No: 5968 bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point bm71's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes I would say. I'm in Dallas and have black as

well--3 hours should be fine.

agentf1

Yes | No

Unlike my watch band the seats came out nice. It seemed to make them a little blacker. It is actually hard to explain or put in words how it changed them but they are a touch softer, still slightly tacky, and not shiney at all. Definetly does not smell as good as Z10. I don't want to compare it to Zaino or any of the other leather conditioners as they really are completely different products despite the fact that they are so sililiar. I will let you know how they look/feel with time

Registered Member
    Member No: 38174 argento is an unknown quantity at this point argento's Avatar

Yes | No

very happy with leatherique...

I've used leatherique in my e46M3 since 11/02 and i've had great results.

Since I picked up a 98M3 last summer I've conditioned the leather at least once a month. It works exceptionally well on nappa.

The pic below was just an interior pic I took today, but it shows a lof of the pass side seat. I left it on for about 24hours. My car sat in the garage the entire time. I've been very happy with this product.

jjr

1998 AW/Blk E36 M3 5spd Cpe, 28K miles and...

Registered Member
    Member No: 62972 russcasey is an unknown quantity at this point russcasey's Avatar

Yes | No

My experience also

I used Leathereque on my light colored interior about 2 months ago. It made the leather much softer with a matte finish. FYI, I did not need to wait 7 days for the shine to disappear. I cleaned the surface with Prestine Clean then wiped down with distilled water I had laying around. Since then I have retreated the tops of the rear seats as they were much stiffer than the remaining leather.

Great product.
    Thanks, Russell

1995 525iA, M50TU-USA, E.A.T chip, 1/95 build, 225/60/15 Bridgestone Turanza LS-H tires, 15" OEM cross spoke wheels, ASC+T, BMW-Alpine remote/Alarm, OBC, full leather/wood, heated seats, BMW Alpine 5 radio/BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, 114k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Registered Member

Yes | No

How did it end up turning out?

jon miller

Yes | No

Using Leatherique on new leather surfaces

Initial cleaning - for the initial cleaning of new leather, or leather you are cleaning for the first time use a Leather Rejuvenator. (http://www.Leatherique.com) Pay particular attention to area that are exposed to the most UV radiation, i.e. backs of headrests, seat shoulders, and then apply to the rest of the seating surfaces starting at the top and working your way down.

Allow the product to be absorbed into the hides for several hours on a sunny day, or overnight. Warmth makes the leather fibres relax, and absorb the proteins and collagens readily. Park the car in direct sunlight, cover seats with black plastic trash bags, and roll up the windows to create a steam room to allow the Rejuvenator to fully penetrate into the hides.

Information resource- Leatherique website
    JonM

agentf1

Yes | No

Turned out awesome.

Turned out awesome. It made them a little blacker/less dingy looking which is what I was looking for and left them with a matte type finish not glossy at all which is how the Z06 seats are from the factory. I don't know what it would do to seats that started out shiny, I am assuming they would still be shiny.

I have also done 1 maintenance wipe down with just the Pristine Cleaner and it seemed to refresh them and leave a nice finish. Overall I am very happy with the product.

Registered Member
    Member No: 131669 SuperiorCarCare is an unknown quantity at this point SuperiorCarCare's Avatar

Yes | No

Leatherique is a great product for cleaning and maintaing your leather. Check out our kits, don't forget your 15% Roadfly discount.
    http://www.superiorcarcare.net/le16ozkit.htmlVisit us at www.superiorcarcare.net and get 15% off of your order and free shipping on orders over $500 when you use coupon code "DETAILIT" at checkout!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information