+ Reply to Thread

Thread: audio

marty 528i se alpina style
    Member No: marty 528i se alpina style's Avatar

Yes | No

audio

can anyone tell me if theyve upgraded there speaker system in the 1997 528ise e39 if so what sytem does it have ie size where ie doors shelf dash
    thankyou chaps

marty

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

What do you mean if 'they've upgraded' ???!!!>>>

If you mean standard factory fit audio in the E39, then yes, it's better than the equipment since the E34!

If you mean specifically in your actual car, then take it down to a reputable car audio dealer, and get them to take a look and tell you. The factory audio unit is 'built in' to the dashboard and looks 'part of the dashboard' (if you see what I mean!) If it's been changed, then there'll be a mounting adaptor in which a Standard DIN sized aftermarket head unit has been installed.

As for speakers, the car audio dealer should be able to pop the grilles and take a look.

If all is standard, then I suggest evaluating if you want to upgrade your hifi and how much you wanna spend and then speak to that audio dealer and get recommendations and listening tests etc. Make sure the dealer is 'reputable' ..

Hope this helps!

Dennis!! West London UK!!

marty 528i se alpina style
    Member No: marty 528i se alpina style's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What do you mean if 'they've upgraded' ???!!!>>>

thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information