+ Reply to Thread
    Ken Pecoraro

Yes | No

Exhaust help

'91 M5. Need new mufler, any Opinions on the tri-flo vs supersprint vs custom... Thanks

jwrosenthal

Yes | No

Re: Exhaust help

I can't speak to the Supersprints (and have heard positive feedback), but I know someone who had the B&B Triflo and it was LOUD. It was very pretty, and seemed to be well made, but is sounded too much like a Mustang for a finely tuned German performance car. You could actually hear him coming blocks away. he liked the sound at idle, but he ended up sending it back to B&B to have it re-baffled to lessen the sound since it droned on the highway and got very annoying. But it all comes down to a matter of taste. Hence why there is chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

James R.

Ken Pecoraro

Yes | No

Re: Exhaust help

Thanks, It is just too bad we cant here them first.

Registered Member
    Member No: 84758 bmw332i is an unknown quantity at this point bmw332i's Avatar

Yes | No

TriFlo is LOUD!....

I have a TriFlo on my e30s52, and it is LOUD. Loud enough to set car alarms off when I drive next to cars parked. Especially in parking garages. I know it's not an exact comparison to an e34 M5, but it may be of some help. My brother just had an entire Supersprint exhaust system installed on his 95' Euro 3.8l M5, and it's sweet as_hell. Nice quiet idle (a litle lumpy because of the cams), but as you open it up to WOT, it gets racey and almost sounds like a V8 Ferrari. When it's cold, it even burbles and pops on the down shifts. Yesterday, he was driving next to a friend, and as he pulled away, and shifted, apparently (from what the friend says), there was a little spurt of exhaust flame. It was very hot, the car was hot, and since it is the full system, there is no cat or rear resonator. It even gained him 5 or 6rwhp.

m5todd

Yes | No

Stay away from Tri-Flo

it was a real pretty piece of stainless that did not fit my '93 M5 w/o major rework, it was LOUD, and it killed my top end by 10 mph. Junk.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information