+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 85295 hallatauer is an unknown quantity at this point hallatauer's Avatar

Yes | No

AC Heat Vent Control

Anyone ever have this problem. The knob you turn to control which vents blow air go nutty on you? No matter what setting I put it on, air blows out of the vents on the dashboard and at certain positions I can get some to blow out of the windshield vents. At no position does it come out under the dashboard at your feet.Dan with a blue dot
    2003 Z4 3.0i SMG Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    2003 X5 3.0i Steptronic Silver/Black Leather

Registered Member
    Member No: 120880 edwardlotz is an unknown quantity at this point edwardlotz's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: AC Heat Vent Control

I have something similar happen about once a month...the controls either stop working and the fan will not work at all or it will only work in one direction...not until I keep turning all the controls does it finally kick in and work properly...

Service says its working ok...nothing wrong.

jpdz4

Yes | No

With me, there is always a delay after I turn the knob. It eventually blows in the right direction but it takes a minute. Dealer says it is normal.

Registered Member
    Member No: 71679 DGDDS91 is an unknown quantity at this point DGDDS91's Avatar

Yes | No

Happened to me too! I just put the fan speed to high and then slowly move the air flow adjustment knob. After a couple of seconds the vets seem to open up with the proper direction on the knob. DanDan Long Island N.Y.
    3.0 Black Sapphire,Black Leather,SMG,Nav,Xenons, and all else but extended leather

Registered Member
    Member No: 85295 hallatauer is an unknown quantity at this point hallatauer's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, it always takes a few seconds to switch vent positions when turning the control... this isn't the problem.. it doesn't switch correctly or at all.Dan with a blue dot
    2003 Z4 3.0i SMG Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    2003 X5 3.0i Steptronic Silver/Black Leather

Unregistered

Yes | No

Same exact problem as OP.

I see this is a very old thread but in case anyone has ever found a resolution, please post it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 67.160.64.212

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information