+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 131661 boulderm5dinan is an unknown quantity at this point boulderm5dinan's Avatar

Yes | No

anyone want custom wheel caps?

I am running my stock wheels without the turbine covers. I love the look with the exception that I can't put BMW roundel inserts in the wheel centers. So, instead of using the cap of a peanut butter jar method, my friend and I are going to make custom caps for the center gaps (in his machine shop).

I am thinking they will be aluminum pieces painted black with the BMW roundel logo etched into the surface. This should look pretty sharp, so if any of you are interested in a set of these pieces, let me know. They should be pretty cheap to make.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81860 MarkDS is an unknown quantity at this point MarkDS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: anyone want custom wheel caps?

There is a center wheel cap from a Mercedes that fits perfectly. I have a friend who bought some from Mercedes and then attached some BMW roundels over them. I can ask him what the MB part number is and post it here.

Mark D'Sylva

Registered Member
    Member No: 131661 boulderm5dinan is an unknown quantity at this point boulderm5dinan's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the info Mark. Sounds like a convenient alternative so I'll look into it.

The caps I'm making will be made of stainless steel. Here is the prototype drawing so far...still open for suggestions on symbols other than the "M".

Chris Schupp

[IMG][/IMG]

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey, could you send me the part #'s of the MB wheel inserts? I've machined the aluminum pieces and it seems that using those inserts will be the easiest way to get a good fit.

Much Thanks,
    Chris Schupp

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information