I've mentioned a few times over the past couple of months that we were going to replace the current member website system with a free blog system. Well, here it is. It's super easy to use. If you're a registered Roadfly member just click on the link below to activate your blog. From there you can write the first entry about your car experiences, etc. You don't need to know html, picture uploading is very easy, and it's easy to include images in your articles. You'll have full easy control of all the content on your own blog. If you allow it, the Roadfly community can even comment on your blog.

So what is a blog? Well the word blog is the short version of the term WebLog. Here's one definition I found on Google:

"A Blog is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site."

Personal blogs are a great way to:

• detail a stereo install or iPod hookup,
• give step-by-step instructions on break bleeding,
• rant and rave about the current state of automotive styling,
• or whatever car stuff you want to blog about.

To see the blog system in action you can go to the main blog home page here:

To see my personal blog which has one entry at this point, go here:

Notice that /charlie/ is the path to my blog where charlie is my username. Once you've created your blog it's easy to tell people where it is.

Signing up for your blog is easy. There's a link on the right hand side of the main blog page which reads "Get your own Blog." Follow the link to activate your blog.