+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Gosh, where is everyone?

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

ibew 595

Yes | No

Re: Gosh, where is everyone?echo,echo,echo,echo...

enjoying the sun and good weather before the rains come this weekend no doubt. I am planning a remodel to add another bedroom and some garage space. All so we can store more useless crap :-( Also trying to figure out what car to buy next but it has to get ~30 mpg though.
    That's my story....

Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Where's Ian?

We've been busy at the condo just about every weekend. Ski lease starts mid-Nov., so we need to be finished by then. I hope to then have time to set up more club activities. Looking at some tours (Jelly Belly, Budweiser), drive/lunch down the river, plus a few other places. Took the car back to the body shop for them to get the overspray off of it. Feels nice and smooth now..... Speaking of new cars, Mark wants to get a Mini now. He's tired of paying big bucks on gas for the Tahoe.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

ibew 595

Yes | No

Re: Where's Ian?

Haven't seen anything of Ian. Probably playing golf or working. Dora is considering getting a Prius, all I know if she does I will never drive it. That thing is sooooooooo ugly.
    Dora and I considered buying a pair of Minis, she can have a regular and I would like the S. I know when I researched it last year there was a problem with the transmission. If you google "yo-yo" along with Mini you might get it. The car will hesitate and go, hence yo-yo. Excellent crash stats if you get the side air bags (make him get them no matter what car it is).
    I am considering: (unfortunately some are very......"ricey". Perfect for Mark, get him the "Got Rice?" plate frame.)
    Volvo 40
    Suburu Impreza WRX wagon
    Mini
    Honda Civic Si
    Honda Accord/Civic hybrid
    Acura RSX/TSX
    VW Jetta
    Ducati,Aprilla or BMW motorcycles
    and depending what they cost
    Lexus IS250
    Ferrari 512

Ian

Yes | No

Ian IS HERE!!!!!! =D

hey viv! definitely... the tahoe must be hurting mark a lot! whenever i fill up at costco i see SUV/truck owners in tears
    i happily drive off after ~$40 going into a tank heh heh
    now that one kid is gone, maybe a "fun" zippy little car????

my sister's actually getting in on the TSX (high 26 out the door i believe, no navvi tho..) and i think we're going to keep her 97 corolla around for a beater
    but i've driven that thing TOO much...
    i think my baby is in better condition than that thing, but it HAS taken a beating over the last 8 years =P
    girl not interested in cars + car = neglected car
    but toyotas can sure take a lick and keep on ticking
    i'll go down your list kevin, if you don't mind

volvo = no thank you

WRX Wagon = nice! fast! spacious! awd for the snow ;]

mini = pretty nice little car, bit over-priced but it IS a bimmer i suppose

Civic Si = designing's a bit odd, i guess honda's are getting "bangled" as well, but performance is a +++++++

RSX type-s = made a roundtrip from sac to seattle in one, very "fun", but the ride isn't one for those LONG trips.... 200 hp out of a sweet little 4 banger is nice tho

TSX = essentially a 4 door RSX, nice car, engine purrs, just gotta go with my sister to get a test drive... or just steal her new one!

Jetta = chick car imo, young chick car.... no offense to anyone!

Ducati, Aprilla, BMW crotch rocket = stop playing around, will your wife let you???? my mom will divorce my dad if he drags home a bike, he's had too many close calls in the past...

IS250 = my friend is a hardcore IS chick, cute girl too! =D i think it rocks, esp. the higher displacement version pushing 306(?) horses... jeez, can see say attack on the e90??

Ferrari 512 = SLAP wake up kevin... wipe up that drool too!

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm in Switzerland for the week on business :)

Cheers, Bob

Yes | No

Hi Ian!

Welcome back. How's school?

Yeah, the Tahoe is a gas hog. He drives lots of miles, so that doesn't help any. He went fishing last weekend at Lake Davis and Donner Lake. Caught a mackinaw (?SP) and some trout... Son is doing good in school, but I sure miss him ;-(. Other son is also doing well in college here in town. He's working a lot, so is gone a good part of the time.

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

ibew 595

Yes | No

Thanks Ian

Let me know about the TSX and how the ride would be on long drives. I wouldn't get the RSX type S just the regular one. I need a commuter car that can hit 30mpg. Jetta diesel +40???mpg (remember I am the hausfrau) and does the IS girl have a boyfriend? I can pick her up in the 512 and talk about Lexus.
    Someday I hope to get a Ducati,Aprilla or BMW. That should be good for 30mpg. I just need to find $8-10k that I don't need.
    Well, how is the school and golf going? Inquiring minds need to know.

Yes | No

Ah, poor baby ;-) You've been quiet lately.

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Ian

Yes | No

That's good! Busy is the way to be, definitely

I take it he's at ARC? A few international students in the miniscule Korean community made it into Cal. The CC route isn't a bad one at all! Just have to make sure he does well, extra-curriculars can't hurt either. I did a bunch of community service in high school, I think the universities liked that a lot.
    I need to go fishing... was thinking about going to San Pablo reservoir on Friday but I have to meet with one of my professors, damn office hours!!! Argggh
    It's only the 7th week and I'm about to turn in my THIRD paper, jeez...
    I should head up to the cabin before the snow starts, I love this time of year up there. So damn beautiful. Gas does hurt tho... even with 25 ish mpg highway. BERKELEY!!!! Damn, so hilly... My city mpg drops to around 19 the way I drive. Too many ignorant folks in Berkeley, I have to be a bit aggressive or I'll be waiting for people to park, make left turns, etc.

Ian

Yes | No

Cars, school, golf, babes... My favs.

Golf is not too bad, I went to Cupertino last weekend and played a round at Sunnyvale muni with 5 other friends (2 consecutive tee times).

Lexus girl works for google ;] rrrrawr! LOL
    We should grab some coffee next time.

I'll be taking the TSX out after my sister breaks it in, so I can do some breaking in ;]. She'll probably kick my [Oops!] for doing it tho...

The Type-S is the way to go with the RSX, but 6-speed in south bay commuter traffic??? Not fun! Rather than the Jetta diesel I'd go for the Golf TDI. My boss has an Evo 8 and a TDI. He's gotten over 600 miles on a tank from the TDI and as low as 175 on the Evo (he's a very aggressive driver, esp. on the backroads).

8-10k that you DON'T need??? If you don't need it, my account can pick up the slack hahaha. Crotch rockets.... I feel safer on two wheels.

OK! No more procrastinating for me! Back papier!
    BBOOT.

ibew 595

Yes | No

Google is good!

Jealous?
    Nope don't need the anything Type S/R/GT/too ricey
    Evo will push $30k and the gas milage sucks. Just a commuter car and not a hybrid either. Someday the kids (remember I have some?) will have to drive it and I don't need any 5000rpm launches from them. Younger one of the two may get a E46 in Imola and the older will either have the "Fred Flintstone" or Yugo GTV. Respect of the marque has its priviledges.

ibew 595

Yes | No

The Berkeley students have no common sense either!

I wish I was able to get 19 mpg! 15 for the Isuzu and 16+ for BMW.
    The students at UCB just wander into the street looking to get hit. They assume they are "God like" and the mere mortal car drivers see them and will stop.
    I used to park at Ashby BART and walk up to campus in 15 min+ from the Berk. main station. Stop at Starbucks and get a Mocha!! Don't have to worry about parking tickets or finding a spot.
    Then again I do have 2 "C" campus permits too!

Yes | No

Sound like you're having a good year so far.

Single, and hanging out with the babes ;-) My son is going to CSUS. He asked the other day if he could transfer somewhere once he's done w/all the general ed requirements. We'll see in 2 years how that goes. He's doing real well... Haven't played golf in a couple years. One of these days I'll at least go to the driving range and see if I can still hit the ball ;-)
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Ian

Yes | No

WHAT?!?!

do you still have those permits and are they valid??? ;]]]]
    parking is KILLING me man... thank god i'm only on campus two days a week, unless it's midterm / paper / finals time...
    and yes, berkeley students are such asses
    when i'm walking around i try to stop others from making a LINE in the crosswalks so people can go by, as i know their pain...
    especially driving down bowditch bancroft and telegraph ugh!
    sounds like the kid who's gonna get the e46 is VERY lucky...
    i'm either thinking 4wd/awd for the mountains in the winter OR a nice converty e46...
    i'd probably be using the converty more than the awd though...
    my friend went through a mustang gt converty and an slk230, he loves the top down and i know i will too! =D
    ahhhhhhhhhhh i just drove a good 40 miles in my sister's tsx... it's quite sexy
    a little body roll, but expected as it's not meant to do what i wanted it to lol
    i suggested dropping it a few inches, she said hell no!
    one day when i have money i'll steal it and just have it done hahaha
    time to sleep, had my night on the town
    screw caltrans for shutting down eastbound bay bridge at 1 AM
    we got there at 12:10 and it was all blocked off, bastards....

Ian

Yes | No

Could be better, know of any single women? ;]

i thought your son went down to so cal?
    wait, which son are we talking about here? haha
    transferring from a 4 year to another 4 year is quite rough from what i hear though...
    they say it's a lot easier going from a CC to a 4 year college
    especially if the CC is in the area of said 4 year college
    like vista cc district and Cal or the los rios cc district and davis or sac state
    i'm sure both of them will do well though :)

Ian

Yes | No

I'd love to see the grnshrk sometime, I

Yes | No

Not many, sorry.

One is at CalPoly (he's the one you talked to), and the other is at Sac State. How difficult is it to transfer between state colleges?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Ian

Yes | No

I'm not too sure about state to state, but state 2

UC is pretty rough.
    UC to state is fairly easy from what I hear though.
    Where was he thinking about transferring to? What's he planning on majoring in?

Yes | No

He doesn't know. It was just a comment thrown

out there. He did mention Oregon, but I'm not going for that! Out-of-state tuition is waaaaaaaaaay to expensive.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information