Like wifey?
Get the bachelors degree in biology something or other, intern for 18 months, take the CA. exam, talk to my wife and get paid 50-80k. Enough for him to live in California.
I think "LabGuy" on the 5 boards is or was a "clinical laboratory scientist" which is what the title is. If he is interested look at the website
If he goes for a masters/PHD then $150k I think. The jobs are in demand and will continue to be for many years to come.