+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 128533 OFF is an unknown quantity at this point OFF's Avatar

Yes | No

Dinan question

How long does it take for Dinan to develop a line of products for a new model, say new 3 series? Any intelligent guesses?

Registered Member
    Member No: 115742 icabob is an unknown quantity at this point icabob's Avatar

Yes | No

Dinan

Although there are many companies out there that I personally think are more bang for your buck than Dinan,I would talk with your local dealer,there should be a Dinan rep working there.As for upgradeing the new 3 series,I would say it would take maybe a year till upgrades are available for the new 3 series.But I would also go to the 3 series msg board here,could be able to find some good info there??

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Dinan

Thanks for your reply. This helps.

At the same time if you do not mind I have another one for you. You mentioned other companies. My interest in Dinan is determined by (1) their warranty and (2) "packaged" solutions, which makes it attractive for those who are not experts and do not have much time to spend on learning, researching, obtainibg and installing all the possible stuff. It is kind of an instant upgrade, a little bit of new excitment in one package (s,s1,s2). Do you have any words of wisdom here?

Icabob

Yes | No

Dinan is over rated...

I did 6 months worth of research before I got mods instaled in my 540iA.Yes,Dinan is the only upgrade recognized by BMW,but it is very expensive,and what really goes wrong with a chip,and CAI,and free flow exhaust???My performance download gave my 307 HP when Dinan could only offer me 295 HP tops.Their CAI is a good system,and their exhaust isn't bad,but price is steep.My download was from a company named Competence,my CAI was from Racing Dynamics,and my free flow exhaust was from Super Sprint.Where abouts do u live??I know of a few good shops in the Edmonton area that deal in BMW upgrades.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thank you, M3 and Icabob.

I am in Edmonton, although I travel to Calgary a few times per year.

I guess, for me "peace of mind" and "no hassle" solutions are preferrable. You probably know enough about this stuff, that if something goes wrong you will take it as an interesting challenge and find the appropriate solution. You should also be quite confident in your car and your intuition to be able to piece together different solutions from different sources... I would like to understand what my longer-term approach should be, as I am not particularly confident in my engineering skills... I would not mind talking to somebody who has an experience and would not mind sharing it. So your advice on the shops and/or websites would be greatly appreciated.

I am in no particular rush to do anything right away, I just bought the car a couple of months ago and not bored by it as of yet. In addition, I just spent more on the stoneguard and winter wheels... all that does not make me eager to spend more right away.

Icabob

Yes | No

Some good places for mods...

I've never heard of the shop in Calgary that M3 recommended,but that doesn't mean anything...lol.I'm sure he's a reputable shop.If you're in cowtown,you can try Tunerwerks,a good place to go for all your shopping needs.If not,try Autobraun here in Edmonton,thats where I purchased all of my preformance parts,talk to Vincent,he owns the place,and he's switched on.OR,if you're really insistent on useing Dinan parts,talk to JJ at Bavaria,he wont BS you,or try to upsell you either.Hope that helps...cheers...Icabob.One more thing,if you do buy other than Dinan parts,and you want to get them installed,try Eurasia in the south side,good labour rates,and great service.

Registered Member
    Member No: 73627 bpepper19 is an unknown quantity at this point bpepper19's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Dinan

If you are around Calgary this guy is suppposed to have a really good reputation. I haven't met him yet but will probably talk to him when I do some Mods to my M3.

Reimer Consulting Technical Services

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information