+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 116759 BeemCi is an unknown quantity at this point BeemCi's Avatar

Yes | No

OT:David Weekley Homes in Keller

Hey yall..

My Mother is considering purchasing a new home in the Hillsborough development in Keller. They tell her it is unincorporated and therefore the taxes will be lower. The contract reads that the homeowners/developers are liable for all the infrastructure (I haven't read it yet). What should she be aware of before signing on the dotted line? Appreciate all comments.. Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 4787 rustyh is an unknown quantity at this point rustyh's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: OT:David Weekley Homes in Keller

I'm a little confused how the development can be in Keller and in an unincorporated at the same time. I might be wrong, but that doesn't sound right. Or maybe I should say it's not consistent with the definition of an unincoporated area as far as the way I've always heard it used. Unincorporated areas, to my knowledge, are typically areas within the county boundaries that aren't within any city limits proper. I live in an unincoporated area in Parker County. I have a Weatherford mailing address, an Azle phone#, but I'm not in either city limits.

I'd also have to see the contract because saying the "homeowners/developers" are responsible for the infrastructure is just too vague for me. Are we comfortable that the developer will really pay his part? And what percentage is that? Is he responsible for putting in a community well for instance, or will each property owner have to drill his own? Will he pay for the roads, or will the propery owners? Yea, you'd have to see the contract to get any idea of what's going on here.

Anyway, more to the point of your question, it sounds like she would be in an area where she could/would be liable for paying her portion of building and upkeep of roads into her subdivision. She may also have to pay a fire/police tax. Then there's the issue of when (sometimes "if", but more often "when") a city eventually annexes her development. Not always a problem, because she would then have city fire/water/police. But she'll have to pay for them, so she'd find her taxes going up. If she's buying a track of land, 5 acres or more for example, she could find her taxes way up there if/when they're annexed.

Rusty
    '05 330i ZHP in Imola

Registered Member
    Member No: 11893 ussgurke is an unknown quantity at this point ussgurke's Avatar

Yes | No

I also live in an unincorporated area of

Fort Worth. I only pay home and school taxes. No City tax.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information