+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 - SLK

Registered Member
    Member No: 116423 mikecfb is an unknown quantity at this point mikecfb's Avatar

Yes | No

2006 - SLK

I'm about to purchase my first Mercedes - an SLK 350 and I have a couple questions/advice that I hope some of you folks on the board might be able to address. This will be an occasional driver

1. Automatic or 6 speed - Any pros or cons from your prospective?

Previous cars, BMW, etc. have all been standard xmission. Going through the gears is fun when the shifter is tight and the gears "short", but not if the xmission/shifter is sloppy or the gears are "long.

2. Maintenance - Mercedes has always had a reputation as a high cost/high maintenance car. IS this still the case and what can I expect from a maintenance prospective on an SLK 350?

3. Opinion - I guess last of all, how do the people on the board feel about the SLK? Good, bad or ugly?

Thanx

Mike

Bill

Yes | No

Re: 2006 - SLK

I continue to enjoy my 2005 SLK 350. Had rattles before and the MB dealer where I bought the car from in Germantown Md fixed the problem. So far so good for me. Can't complain and can give only praises about the car. I have a 7 speed trans that made a world of difference from the 6 speed. It is quick for a small 350 engine with the 7 speed trans. Did not get the nav with upgraded stereo. Did not care much about the cd based nav. Have that on my ML 430. It is expensive to maintain. You need to buy the cd upgrade every 2yrs that cost a lot of money + coverage of each cd is limited. Bought the Garmin instead. The sound of the upgraded sound system with the Nav sounds awsome but MB bundled it with the nav as a package that I don't want.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information