+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 132423 evermore is an unknown quantity at this point evermore's Avatar

Yes | No

new Z3 owner, a bunch of questions..

I bought a 1998 dark green Z3 2.8l on Saturday. My first order of action was to head north, take the Stewarts Point Skaggs Spring Road and follow Highway 1 south to San Francisco. Oh what a drive!

I got a pretty good price on the car but it's not perfect so I was hoping for some advice:

The traction control system (ASC+T) does not work. If I turn it on, the light comes back on as soon as I accelerate. Obviously, this system isn't critical but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what could be causing this and how much it could cost.

Opaque rear window. I will give the meguiar clear plastic treatment a shot the next couple days but I am pretty sure I'm faced with the prospect of having to get the window replaced. I have heard figures of $300. Is this true and who in the Bay Area would do that? I am located in San Francisco...

What is a good place to have my car serviced? The car has 135k miles on it, single owner and seems well kept but it came with no service record (carfax came up clean).

The car also only came with one key so I should have a duplicate made. Again, any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance!

Michael

1998 dark green BMW Z3 2.8l
    2003 orange Kawasaki Z1000

ibew 595

Yes | No

Re: new Z3 owner, a bunch of questions..

Welcome to the BMW norcal group!
    Actually I think traction control is valuable. If you aren't paying attention and have to do something wierd, it will keep you on the road and out of the bushes/ditches. Those who don't want it on are the ones who drive at 90%. Try the Z3 board for your answers to your questions but don't forget about us here.

Here is your Z3 link you need.

Ian

Yes | No

yes yes, kevin knows about traction ctrl firsthand

was that quote from the stealership?
    check out a site like BMAparts, when i lived in sacto i'd get my parts the next day, at latest in 2 days
    very knowledgable staff too!
    i liked their prices most of all
    g'luck with the new toy
    if my suspension was up to it, i'd take any drive any day over class lol
    how you doin' kevin? viv?
    been a long time!
    single and loving it heh heh

ibew 595

Yes | No

single and loving it heh heh

Yup Ian and I bet it is cold at night. Especially during winter.
    Do you concur Viv?

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't know. Doesn't his sis have a cat? ;-)

There's a time for being single. Young and single is good thing. Being older and single doesn't sound like much fun to me.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Ian

Yes | No

Yes, it gets very cold here in the east bay

especially when single and at night ;[
    How's your son doing in the strange land of so cal viv?
    My sister doesn't have a cat, it would be cool if we had one though!
    I've been noticing so many cute kittens running around our apartment complex.
    She is going to buy her TSX today, we've convinced her to get the navi!
    She's shooting for 27k, but I don't know if they'll give it to her...
    I believe invoice for navi and some other extras is around 27.2k, once again I'm procrastinating lol.
    Hmmmmm, being single.... I have been going out much more than I did when I had a significant other heh heh.
    Any nice girls down in the south bay kev?? ;]
    As for my new car.... I've been ragging on it, but after seeing the e90 in person it's pretty sexy... Yes, I admit it...
    I like the performance specs most of all, just have to wait for the 2 door version to hit the market.
    I'd really like to stay in the Bimmer family!
    Have a beautiful day all, I love the weather in the bay...
    Still hot up in Sac, huh viv?? heh heh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information