+ Reply to Thread
    Chris

Yes | No

Help::: Dealer sold me a rebuilt M3.

Bought a CPO'ed 2004 M3 from dealer. After I took delivery of the car, realized that there were no VIN numbers on the car anywhere except the one under the front wind shield. After getting no response from the dealership, I had the car examined by another BMW dealer who confirmed my suspicions that the car looks like it was in a major accident and was rebuilt. Since replacement parts do not have VIN numbers. At the time of delivery, I checked the carfax report and that had no mention of any accidents. Since this is my first car I was not aware of the nitty-gritties involved in buying a used car and had made that clear to the car salesman while buying the vehicle. Now the dealership refuses to return my money and basically asked me to bugger off. They said that the guy who traded it in did not mention any accident, which I think is a load of baloney as I had the car CPO'ed before I took delivery and they would have found out all the tell tale signs.I paid good KBB money for the vehicle and it runs like a dream. But I definitely wouldn't have bought the car if I knew the car was involved in an accident. I have saved money all my life to buy an M3 and now I get cheated for no fault of mine.What are my options? I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 112690 Radiation-Joe is on a distinguished road Radiation-Joe's Avatar

Yes | No

Take it to another dealer and have them

run the service records. If nothing shows up, you don't have much of an argument against the selling dealer. They honestly might not have known the car's history. If there is no negative carfax on the M3 and an alignment check doesn't show anything, you should just enjoy your car and not worry about it. Your chances are about as good as anyone elses to have problems with the car down the road. Feel bad for the folks that buy one new and then have to bring it in for service umteen times for stupid things (i.e. the new Audi I had a few years ago that ate 5 cd changers).

Registered Member
    Member No: 49689 arig is an unknown quantity at this point arig's Avatar

Yes | No

actually if you paid for a carfax report, doesnt

carfax have a guarantee on their reports. if the vehicle was heavily repaired from a serious accident and it doesn't show in the carfax report, i think thats what the guarantee is for.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Racing, because football, baseball, basketball, golf and tennis only require one ball.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    There is no signature here. You are just imagining it. No links here so I'll put up my wish list for series champs this year. MotoGP: Gibernau, CART: da Matta, IRL: Franchitti, F1: Trulli, GP2: Pantano

Joey

Yes | No

Re: actually if you paid for a carfax report, doesnt

only in certain states and only if the claim was reported to an insurance company, the guarantee is crap. part of the CPO inspection is for frame damage and major body work. i work for Benz, we CANNOT certify a car with frame damage or significant body work. a repainted car doesnt void it, its more a car that was involved in a collision. hope this helps you....
    if you provide me with more info about the "major accident" i will try to give you some advice, but i need to know what was replaced. good luck. advice...run the carfax, find out where the car was registered and call the best body shop in the area and ask them to look up the car, seems like something that would take some time, but you will find out the history...

Registered Member
    Member No: 41334 ImThatSpic is an unknown quantity at this point ImThatSpic's Avatar

Yes | No

Keep in mind the newer bmws....

don't have vin stickers on the panels. I went with a friend to look at a used m3 and as I looked the car over I noticed that it had no vin stickers. I was confused as my e36 has them on each panel, later we confirmed the e46 doesn't have vins on the panels (atleast not easily visible). My 03, friends 04 and 06 all have no vin stickers on any panels.

Hope that helps

Registered Member
    Member No: 106895 fun2drv is an unknown quantity at this point fun2drv's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Keep in mind the newer bmws....

That is not correct. I have an '04 and have VIN etched in the panels like the strut towers.

ned

Yes | No

Re: Help::: Dealer sold me a rebuilt M3.

Curous. What dealer was this?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information