+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

Bavarian Motor Weekend (Mini-**********)

Bavaria Motor Weekend

BMW of Fremont
    5720 Cushing Parkway
    Fremont, CA 94538
    Map

Arrive at 11 am SHARP

The bay area's premier BMW meet, all BMW models are urged to come: whether you drive an e30 to an e90, we all have one thing in common. Converse among your fellow enthusiasts about this one common denominator we have. We will have plenty of parking, they are clearing out the back lot for us. We could easily accommodate 250+ cars.

A drive will be setup for the afternoon broken off into 3 groups (easy driving, semi-aggressive, and aggressive) accommodating to all driving styles.

A local vendor village will be setup. If you are interested in setting up a booth, please email alextseng4"at"gmail.com

Hello everyone. (from ME, Keith in P-Town)

Some of you have seen this and some have not, so here it is for all of you

There will be a big meet in Fremont on Nov. 12th, at BMW of Fremont and it's being billed as "Mini-**********", or Nor Cal's version of.

I'm setting up a Tri-Valley/East Bay Caravan from Pleasanton to Bavarian Motor Weekend in Fremont, so let's meet up Saturday Nov. 12th at 10am and leave at 10:30am SHARP!
    They want everyone there by 11am, so this should be just about right.

Quite a few of you are not from the East Bay, but PLEASE come to the event from wherever you are.
    There are other caravan's being put together on Bimmerforum's and other sites from other area's of the bay.

It will be the usual Bay Bimmerz meeting spot, right in front of Nordstrom's.(on the Sears side)

Address for Yahoo maps or Mapquest is:

Nordstrom's-1600 Stoneridge Mall Rd.-Pleasanton 94588

Everyone should try to get a radio and we will be on channel 4.0.

Also, make sure there's gas in your car, there will be no time to wait.

I hope to see you all on the 12th.

If you have any question's just give me a jingle, well, you know, an email.

Keith- East Bay Rep. for Bay Bimmerz

ibew 595

Yes | No

Bob & Ian, what do you think??

I should be going to meet up w/ some E38ers.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©41 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

You should go. I'd go if we weren't busy.

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Probably not in the cards for me :(

Got WAY too much on my plate right now related to house stuff. Getting new windows installed end of next week, looking into pulling up the carpeting and having the floors redone, not really much time for car stuff right now :(

Plus the NorCal sharks usually like to swarm around mid November for a day drive up thru the wine country, would most likely hold out for that instead. Us sharkies like to school together you know ;-]
    Cheers, Bob

ibew 595

Yes | No

windows.. did someone say windows?

I have been spending waaaay too much time on deciding which brand of windows to use and what kind of entry door to buy. I am looking at a Pella bay window,Milgard fiberglass and Andersen. Entry doors sure do get expensive though, solids or veneers, sidelights or not. Then we will do a addition to boot. Are you doing simple window replacement or the works?

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Doing a vinyl retrofit >>>

working with a local outfit in the south bay, Brothers Home Improvement. After getting a variety of prices and looking at product quality and what kind of service we can get, thru referrals, this is who we decided upon. Not the cheapest, but I don't think you should only go by price either. One guy gave us an estimate, said it was going to cost such and such, then discounted that price by like 2 thirds! What's up with that???

Vinyl retrofit is pretty common around these parts anyway, as they don't do any damage to the interior or exterior, including stucko. They have a molded in border on the outside that covers their work. All sealed in place, should be interesting.

I think that if you are going for wood frames, then companies like Anderson and Pella have what you need. For white vinyl, there are lots of options and companies doing it. Probably too many :)

Haven't checked into the new front door yet, but did replace the garage door! Gotta keep the green sharkie safe ;-]
    Cheers, Bob

ibew 595

Yes | No

Front door, did someone say door?

Bob,
    Thought about doing the retrofit windows but didn't think it was the way to go for me. Doing it that way is much easier,faster and cheaper but the construction in me wants to go full bore and spend the dough. Remember you can never paint vinyl to change the color if you are keeping the house. You can get fiberglass framed windows which can be painted to match. They are stronger than the vinyl too.
    Now on to doors, I have been looking for a "craftsman" type door and a Baldwin lock to match. Possibly a 12" sidelight to add in also but I have some structural issues to work out first. I found out prices for wood doors in mahogany but they rival the BMW service advisors estimates. If you are looking for a wood door with glass they start at about 550 for cheap door and good quality ones start at <$1000 in fir.I am looking at this door.

Maybe in mahogany, cherry or fir. A good solid door makes a home worth more too.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

Well, there's 2 that I know of (740's) in the East

Bay caravan, c'mon out.

The rest of you are just hijacker's! :)

Keith

keith

Yes | No

Here's a link to my pictures>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here: http://www.coates3.com/modules/gallery/v/bmw/album22/baybimmerz/bavmo/bavmo_kk_2005/

Keith

keith

Yes | No

Re: Here's a link to my pictures>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information