+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    dman

Yes | No

what an [Oops!].

dman

Yes | No

idiot with S4 and all talk.

find another way to get your Audi frustrations out.

Administrator - all the more reason to have a financial gate to limit idiots from posting.

dman

Yes | No

wrong...not for the M5/6 which was my post.

Far too gimmicky. But, on the positive side, much like auto.

Registered Member
    Member No: 120934 meyere30 is on a distinguished road meyere30's Avatar

Yes | No

So you people buy_**** before testing it. DUMB!

Why so you can say I have a new M5. That is the lamest excuse you could have come up with.

Registered Member
    Member No: 11051 bmwlotus is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlotus's Avatar

Yes | No

I didn't personall buy one!

But, I bet many did.

Who know, there are those that like to eat [Oops!] too you know.

Rhymes with Delores

Yes | No

Dude you are seriously making an asss of yourself>

And I'd like to see your financial statement forst, to prove you are worthy to be here. I'll bet you aren't worth over $50,000, and you have to lease your cars.

Registered Member
    Member No: 70986 BigDM3 is an unknown quantity at this point BigDM3's Avatar

Yes | No

What parts are wrong/different? Isn't your SMG

Rhymes with Delores

Yes | No

yup.....describes you to a tee

Registered Member
    Member No: 120934 meyere30 is on a distinguished road meyere30's Avatar

Yes | No

That is true.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118745 zumbalak is an unknown quantity at this point zumbalak's Avatar

Yes | No

And the idiot who gives BMW drivers a bad name

Is YOU! Self centered arrogant whatever.

Yes I drive a BMW and yes I am shamed of a person like you existing and who happens to drive the same car brand as me!

Frissen

Yes | No

Re: You had to know all of this BEFORE buying ....(M)

In reality I wouldn't blame him for buying an M5, even if facts are well known, I still would think the M5 would be a great touring car. Just like the past M5 was.

I drove it and didn't like it either for the same reasons.

Still engine has to prove reliability, that would be my first sign to wait.

Registered Member
    Member No: 70986 BigDM3 is an unknown quantity at this point BigDM3's Avatar

Yes | No

Thought so......

kk

Yes | No

People like you should not buy an M5

to begin with.

1. You obvious has no skills in driving a car with performance like M5.

2. You have no clue on how to drive a stickshift car. M5 is a manual with no clutch pedal. HENCE LEARN TO TIME THE CLUTCH RELEASE TO STEP ON THE GAS. If you have any kind of skill as a driver, SMG in manual will be ultra smooth.

To compare SMG to crappy manual on the mustang is stupid. Mustang with its lousy clutch, crappy shift link, and overal vague gear shift pattern.

I seriously doubt you own an M5.

3. Complain about gas mileage? You got to be joking. My E46 M3 gets only slightly better mileage than my M5. For god sake, this is a 5.0 V10 with performance in mind. This is not a 5.0 liter pushrod with 200+HP on the old mustang or the 4.6 SOHC that did not out put 300HP.

Get real and stop smoking weed.

kk

Yes | No

My conclusion- YOU DON'T HAVE A M5

Simple as that.

M5 is a luxury car with excellent power train???

What have you been smoking. M5 is a track car that has 4 door.

Comfort feaure in M5??? Have you see what M5 interior looks like? E55 offers way more luxury than M5. How do i know? Because i also own a E55. You are such a liar.

Worry about shift? There is auto mode in SMG. On the M5, the new SMGIII in auto mode is much smoother than SMGII in E46. Even my idiot wife now can drive the M5 smoothly in traffic. LEARN TO CONTROL THE GAS PEDAL AND TIME THE CLUTCH!!!!! For god sake, this is a manual car not automatic.

E55 can't hold handle on M5 in terms of luxury?? You are smoking weed. The E55's interior is more luxurious than M5 espeically with desingno edition.

YOU ARE SIMPLY A LIAR.

Registered Member
    Member No: 37843 psybj is an unknown quantity at this point psybj's Avatar

Yes | No

PDK

is what they may call it.

I LOVE my SMG and may get a 911 C4S with PDK.
    psybj

'02 ///M3 TiS/grey SMG Cpe
    '02 Acura TL-S

NEXT(?):
    M6 (Deposit placed 1/02)
    E90 M3 (Deposit placed 10/03)
    911 C4S PDK
    CL55 AMG
    Infiniti GT-R
    Audi R9

PREVIOUS:
    '01 ///M3 AW/grey 6sp Cpe
    Acura 3.0CL
    Dodge Stealth TT AWD
    VW Thing
    Acura Legend Cpe.
    Honda Interceptor
    Honda Prelude
    M-B 450SL
    Piper Cherokee 180
    Rx 7
    280Z
    deTomaso Pantera
    260Z
    Datsun 510 2dr
    Harley-Davidson
    MGA Mk.II (<400 manuf)
    VW bugs
    Triumph TR-3A
    Renault Dauphine
    James
    Chrysler HEMI
    + Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

Registered Member
    Member No: 133227 JAL is an unknown quantity at this point JAL's Avatar

Yes | No

M5 Mistke for me

Of course I'm a moron for buying a car without having driven it first. of course I;m a moron, dumbass or whatever else you may want to add to the stupid mix, the fact remains that this isn't about me, I thought you all would enjoy hearing more about some of the negatives related to the M5.

I thought we were talking cars here, not politics or religion! May I suggest that those of you who simply cannot except that the M5 may not be perfect, perhaps you should skip over any post which may damage you.

Also, I'm not seeking driving instructions, obviously this car can be shifted (by knowing when to shift and how to apply the gas), the fact remains that the SMG is really more complicated than I would have preferred. Could I have know this in advance? I had read many articles praising the advancement in this SMG over past iterations - I thought some of you would be interested to know that it is still lacking.

By the way, I'm not rich and I'm certainly not trying to be snobby about this. LIke most of us who come to this site, I love cars and have been been waiting years for this new M5 - I bought the first one that was sent to my dealer.

So, given this background, I thought that you guys would be surprised to find out that such a die hard fan is disappointed. Apparently, this may have been too much for some of you - sorry to be the bearer of even the slightest bit of bad news - I didn't mean to be causing such damage!

So, forgetabout the driving instructions, trust me, I've driven enough cars to know that this transmission is not well done...the stick is probably a smarter buy. The truth the ill suited transmission requires so much attention that it takes away from the pure driving pleasure.

Once again, I agree with everyone who thinks that I'm a dumbass, etc. I'm not writing these posts to hear something I already know, I;m doing it to share this with all of you and perhaps open up a conversation with others who are having the same reaction.

By the way, I'm not writing any of this because I'm looking for sympathy - I have my wife for that! As far as that goes, it's quite something to tell your family and friends that you don't dig your new $120K car - so I'm taking all the heat at this end already - I thought that since all of you are car guys, you would do a bit of teasing and then get down to the reality, which, unfortunately means chugging along at low speeds constantly shifting in in a 500HP car!

By the way, if everyone is a little cooler after this posts (you know who you are), I will tell you something that no absolutley no one else has mentioned anywhere - it's new pain in the [Oops!] which I was just informed about by the BMW people.

Stay tuned...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Hey jal...your opinion on SMG residuals please...

Mr,

I don't know anything about residules, etc. but I'm hoping that I'm not the only fool out here who bought one of these and has been surprised. I don't want to think about residules, because I don't want to face the idea that I may dump this thing. I'm not a rich guy, so it will be a painful hit if I bail.

J

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: You had to know all of this BEFORE buying ....(M)

Listen man, no one will think I'm a fool more than I...so you can save that. As far as the poor gas milege, I was aware of this and failed to do the math on the tank size - sue me for being such a "fool." Meanwhile, I don't know about you, but I find it drag to stop at the station 3 times a week!

As far as the other things, yeah that's what i get for buying a car based on "research." The fact is that the last M5 was a blown car, the reivews on this one have been stellar, so I did the unthinkable and bought one in advance of driving it.

I'm not sure why these comments bother you and others so much - so I'm a fool - I thought this discussion about real world driving might be more interesting than a circle jerk about how fantatic the M5 is - don't you agree?

One last thing, while there is a lot of chatter here about what a [Oops!] racing car this is, let's face it, this is first class luxury with incredible handling, etc. it's not a track car - it's almost a joke how many needless bells and whilstles have been put on this thing to satify the foolish Yuppies like you, me, and the rest of us who have been so obsessed about this car - it's an odd configuration - don't you wish that it was more of a pure racing car?

Registered Member
    Member No: 30934 savochka is an unknown quantity at this point savochka's Avatar

Yes | No

A "pure racing car" ?!?! Are you kidding me? (M)

The intent of the M5 was never to make it a "race car"... it is exactly what it is supposed to be a super sports sedan.

05 S4 (6MT, black ext with black and silver Alcantara int)
    Retired 02 330Ci (3 very fun years)

Registered Member
    Member No: 30934 savochka is an unknown quantity at this point savochka's Avatar

Yes | No

Umm... I did my research and bought the car (M)

fit my needs. A "financial gate"... you have got to be kidding me pal. I am not one who finds it necessary to "flaunt" my money with a car. You do... and hey... that's fine
    What bugs me is when people get on here and complain about things that are obvious... small tank... more gas mileage... BOO HOO.

05 S4 (6MT, black ext with black and silver Alcantara int)
    Retired 02 330Ci (3 very fun years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information