+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 11051 bmwlotus is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlotus's Avatar

Yes | No

45 E60 M5 listed on Autotrader

I just did a search on Autotrader and found 45 cars available, with many BMW dealers represented selling at or close to MRSP looks like.

So much for the long waitlist. Looks like any real buyer with cash ready to buy can find a car TODAY.

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 71224 JIO is an unknown quantity at this point JIO's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep...there are cars to be had everywhere.....

anyone that pays over MSRP is a fool parting with their money. With a little research an M5 can be had today for MSRP.

Registered Member
    Member No: 31096 dickedup is an unknown quantity at this point dickedup's Avatar

Yes | No

Does this mean I can't flip mine for profit? :P

Sounds like there's not going to be enough chairs when the music stops! :D

Very sad.

Registered Member
    Member No: 11051 bmwlotus is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlotus's Avatar

Yes | No

Only if you find a sucker can you make a profit.

Registered Member
    Member No: 31096 dickedup is an unknown quantity at this point dickedup's Avatar

Yes | No

Hope my amigo does'nt take it in the shorts! :D

You take a gamble that the demand will be there on what sounds like a great car on paper. Thought he was nuttier than squirrel turds for just wanting to "own one" for 6 weeks or so.

Don't think he's going to come out of this one very well.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Hope my amigo does'nt take it in the shorts! :D

If your amigo is looking to make $$$, I think disappointment is what will be expected.

Only a few dealers in certain locations are asking over MSRP now. I know in SoCal (that's where I am), many are asking for $10k to $25K over on paper. However, these cars are just sitting in the showroom.

With the internet, word spead fast about the fact there are supposely over 1000 available allocation still. All one need to do is make a few calls to get one. Demand for these cars are poor actually. Even at MSRP, these cars are not moving as expected. Truth is, at $95K, there are so many options now.

Also, please don't think because a dealer put a $30K over that they will not deal. I know because my local dealer (Crevier) is asking fo $25K over, but will sell if you are willing to give them even $5K. Another dealer asking $25K over actually told me to wait and they will get me a car at MSRP soon.

Registered Member

Yes | No

His hope is to break even a 6 week "rent" period!

Bought at MSRP in Oregone, drives the crap of of her for over a month, then rolls down to your neck of the woods in SoCal to off-load her.

Believe he may get caught out on this one. :D

At least Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman" had the good sense to slid $2000 to a Ferrari saleman! ;)

How much will my compadre lose in these few weeks? Oh...... btw, he wrote a check for the thing. :)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Should have read "after a 6 week rental period'!

Why anyone would want to roll the financial dice on a car like this is beyond my comprehension. :D

A Gotta-Have-It-Now or a [email protected]?

Registered Member

Yes | No

General concensus is you'll be losing money fast!

Marvel at my amigos who thought they could make money or break even after a spell of ownership. The demand has just fallen so rapidly.

Remember that poor Porsche 928? ;)

DO know of one fellow that actually MADE money on her, ( an M5 )....but that was in Europe.

Sad really.

Registered Member
    Member No: 114612 x54.8isinterested is an unknown quantity at this point x54.8isinterested's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, "an" M5 but.....

the difference between "an" M5 the car you want can be big (color, options etc.).

I paid $5K above because my lease expired and I couldn't be without a car for 3 months and the car they offered was exactly what I was looking for (black on black, fully loaded). I wouldn't have paid a higher mark-up, especially not just for "an" M5 without the options I wanted. I would have ordered my car earlier but every dealer told me: "Waiting-list : 1 year and up..) so I thought they wouldn't be a chance to get one that fast...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Upto 58 as now today!!!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Could one break even if a car was sold in a month?

Worried about this amigo of mine whose idea it was to flip her after some extensive road testing and a couple of track sessions.

Will he make it out unscathed? :D

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Could one break even if a car was sold in a month?

I would say NO WAY.

I just place an order for mine, and the day I drive it off the lot, I am expecting to EAT at least $20K!! About $10K for tax and tag fees, and another $10K depreciation off the MSRP price I am paying.

It's just the nature of the game people when you buy ANY new car (except for the very very few out there). Don't play if you can take the hit.

I plan to keep this car for a LONG time, so it's OK.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Ouch....a $20,000 pop in only one month? Brutal!

Why the HELL would anyone be that stupid to do this?

Enjoyed driving the car last weekend but I really can't see why some Hoople would think that $645 / day "rental" would be worth it.

Back to Basic Home Finances 101 for them? :D

Registered Member

Yes | No

Is this car WORTH losing $20,000 in only a month?

Would y'all take a hit like that just to say you had owned and driven one for 5 or 6 weeks?

Crazy?

Registered Member

Yes | No

You wanna field this question Keebler? ;)

You always "seem" to know it all. :P

Registered Member

Yes | No

NOT WAY!!! However...

The problem only relates to "Flippers" that try to take advantage of the car's supposely HOT market! So to that, it's just a business risk they have to take. I am not saying that I am against people who flip cars for profit. More power to them for making money.

Some cars they win, some cars they loose. In this case though, looks like the M5 is a looser for flippers who has not yet unload the car.

I can safely say that there is probably no HOT market in the country anymore. I just ordered my car from one of the HOTTEST market in the country (Bay area) at MSRP!! No wait list, no hassle...just called them up and got the car with a 51st week built status (112). Can't get any better than this guys!

For real owners who plans to keep the M5 for say a few years, the numbers will work out just fine.

dp

Yes | No

you're doing fine replying to your own posts

ad infinitum. what a loser :(

you can't afford it - fine, accept it and buzz off. there is nothing even remotely interesting or amusing in your endless banter of regurgitated vocabulary. go watch some more tv so you might have some new words to use. seriously, you stopped being interesting 2 years ago. now you're just annoying.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Was asking YOU a question O' Bloviating One! ;)

Poor baby. You just don't feel special anymore after spending that $90,000? Sure you'll be able to find another forum to "blow hard" on and try to impress some sad Hooples with your "stuff".

Why do you think I can't afford this vehicle Keebler?

Business has just been HORRIBLE in the petroleum world as of late. :P

If memory serves you had to sell your house to get into this car.

You're an elitist, pretentious Sadsack with a shiny pompous coating........... and you always have been Mr. [email protected]!

So how much do you figure to lose during your M5's "rental period"? :)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sounds like you've done it right . Did you lease?

Sounds like you really like the car enough to hold on to her. ;)

Was just curious why a few friends of mine and one annoying Elf would risk getting REAMED........just to own this car for a month or two.

Guess I don't understand that mentality. :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information