+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help guys.

Registered Member
    Member No: 26754 BMWE39 is an unknown quantity at this point BMWE39's Avatar

Yes | No

Help guys.

I currently post on the e39 forum and I happened upon this M5. It looks great; just wondering if asking price is in the right ball park? Also what do I watch out for in this car. The E39's I'm familiar with the quirks and Idiosyncrasies; however I'm clueless when it comes to the E34 especially the Motorsport.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
    "Is it the sounds that make a BMW a BMW? A BMW is designed to be heard, felt, experienced. So our engines sing. Our steering talks back. And we insist on offering manual transmissions in nearly all our models for drivers who crave them. The result is an almost telepathic oneness with the car. Just as surely as you can hear a BMW, a BMW hears you."

Jeff

Yes | No

Seems kind of expensive

Although moot point...someone seemed to like it and did "buy it now"

jwrosenthal

Yes | No

Re: Help guys.

It's back on e-bay!!

I don't think it's too expensive...if it is just as described. Plus, this car is Avus blue which is one of the rarest and most coveted colors, and the interior is pristine...add that to the premium.
    I bought a near mint Schwartz II '93, which is very hard to find since they only made about 350+/- in '93, with 80k miles for $20k. I still put about $2.5k+ into mine to to make it perfect, and it is worth every penny. I looked at several '91's out there with 100k+/- that were very clean, for $12-14k, but after adding the '93 goodies (shadowline trim, lightened clutch, M-mirrors, walnut trim, throwing star wheel covers, later sound system with pre-wired changer, factory Alpine remote locking w/alarm), and getting them up to snuff, you are looking to spend just as much. If you want a decent driver and don't care about scrapes, scuffs, worn bolsters, tappy valves, leaky shocks, loose steering boxes, and crapped out catalytics (all the above will add over $10k to the purchase price) then find a '91 with 100k+ miles for the $12-14k, and open your wallet. These cars will cost you, and I would rather pay up-front for a better car, than trying to repair what someone else let go.

Those of you who maintain these cars as they should be know exactly what I am talking about.

James R.

Registered Member
    Member No: 63399 juser is an unknown quantity at this point juser's Avatar

Yes | No

Sold for asking price, 23 hrs. Find another Avus.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information