+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

It doesn't matter who wins....

but the honor in the individuals playing the game. Hence the losers can and usually are the winners. Not whiners.
    Bob, here is your new thread.
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

alt="Click for Lahaina, Hawaii Forecast" height=40 width=467>

Kevin Goto

Ian

Yes | No

I'm touched Kev!

T'was a good game :)
    Have a great LooooooooooooooonG weekend everyone!
    Enjoy the family reunion Viv!
    I hope you kid didn't come back with rainbow hair and multiple piercings etc.
    Just kidding!
    I hope he's learning a lot in the academic and social sense :)
    Enjoy the new thread Bob!
    Hmmm my friend in Sac just sold his IS300 and bought a z4 3.0
    Looks like it's time for me to mash the hell out of his new car... er... test drive i mean =D

Registered Member

Yes | No

Z4 coupe

He should have waited for this.

That is the one on the right.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Ian

Yes | No

I know what a coupe looks like! =P

Did you have a great turkey day?
    Ahhhh so tired, drove too much in the last day...
    Roughly 350 miles with LOTS OF RAIN and fog up in the mountains, ended up going to Truckee lastnight to enjoy the cabin with 14 rabid/hungry kids...
    They ended up playing games till 8 this morning, if it wasn't for my ipod i would have died from lack of sleep!
    They just bought a Scion TC (his wife's car), so this nice little converty is for fun fun fun!
    Not saying a coupe isn't fun, but yah...
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend, will you be pimpin' the house?

ibew 595/ E-Baller now
    Member No: ibew 595/ E-Baller now's Avatar

Yes | No

Pimp da house

My new pimp lights
    Going to get a few of these for the house. Look at the size of them 50's that would beat 22"s anytime.
    Some pimp windows,rock,lights and door. Then I do teh addition for teh BMW meets.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Those lights look like pineapples Kev!!!

"Thought" I was gonna be pimpin' the house as well this past weekend, not much more than getting a jump on the Xmas decorating :(

At least that's done, now I should buy stock in PG&E...

Oh, thanks for the new thread ;-]
    Cheers, Bob

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

You just wish you were in Hawaii. That's why you

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Pimp da house via Ebay

Viv,
    You are correct! I will be here 7/2-7/9 2006

Then I will be here 7/9-7/16 2006

Since I have only recently had the opportunity to travel to places like this, I might as well be enthusiastic about it. Kids are lucky, I never had trips like this. I will definately have a slice of pinapple for the both of you.
    If you are ever in Danville and would like a good Poki salad there is a restaurant near the San Ramon Valley offramp which had a salad just as good as the one on Maui, Sushi Tokyoya.
    Bob,
    Yes, it is supposed to be a pineapple and I wish I could use the smaller one and might sneak one in somewhere but I am going to use a craftsman style one to match my door.

One good thing about remodeling is that I get to buy all sorts of tools! It is keeping me from being a "thread whore" on the forums. Ooops, too late.
    Stay dry all!
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I'd like to go back. Maybe for our anniv.

next year.

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Ian

Yes | No

Ohhhhh nice pic of the 39 viv! =D

Damn, it was crazy today! So windy and wetttttt...
    I was going to go to campus early too, but rain + stupid drivers = bigger traffic jams... It gets bad enough when it's dry.
    It was fun watching the old Porsche and Old Civic racing at 85+ mph in the pouring rain, they think they're the only ones on the damn road...
    One miscalculation and they'll wipe out many more cars -_-;
    Yap, they did look like pineapples!
    OH YEAH! I went to a killer Japanese restaurant near Alameda called Angel Fish, a buddy of mine used to work there.
    They have a dish called... seared tuna salad or something like that, it was absolutely killer! We actually needed 2 dishes! Not the cheapest place, but if you're into the sashimi it's very fresh!
    OK! Paper due on the 8th, the 9th, and the 15th... then I'll be free at last!!!

Yes | No

Thanks! Thought it was time for a change.

Our sons have been busy with lots of papers. Good luck!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member

Yes | No

Glad they are busy.

That way you get your moneys worth. Less time to learn how to tap kegs.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

Viv, I surmise that you got your damage repaired?

Donn't think I heard the rest of that story, although I do recall you (the 5er, actually) getting rearended.

Sure does look sweet though :)

We were looking at E39 5ers before buying an X5 'bout a year ago. Now the missus is eyeballing cabrio's...

Will there soon be 3 bimmers in the driveway???
    Cheers, Bob

Registered Member

Yes | No

I am not even going to touch this one!

Mark is waaay too big.
    How about the Z4 coupe? I am going to work on my wife to get one to replace her 88 Accord, which was bought new. There is an attachment thing there. Ahh, Z4 in Imola. She would be "more so" the hotness.
    Then again you could get the 645 to continue the 6 tradition. They corner extremely well. I did a 45mph U turn and it did well.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Ian

Yes | No

You drove the new 6'er without ME?!? =(

Registered Member

Yes | No

I did and you wern't there

Brian went with me and when I did that U turn he went sliding across the back seat(he couldn't sit in front). Concord BMW for the Komen drive. Bought a cup and we both did get a nice T-shirt for free. They do something like .9Gs and I do believe that is true ;-)
    Drove the 645ci and X5 4.5.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Yes | No

Yes, I got it repaired. Had to take it back once

to get the overspray off the rest of the car, but otherwise it's fine. The lease is up in March and I've been tossing around ideas as to what to do. It's a great car, with only 27K on it now. My SA tells me he could sell it in a heartbeat for over HBB. I'm going to keep it. There isn't a car out there I would like to buy now anyway. Hubby thinks I should get a 6er ;-) Maybe a used one at least a few years down the line. No more Bimmers in the driveway. One son drives our Jeep GC, and the other is away at school w/no car. Hubby needs the SUV to pull the boat. Can't afford any more car ins!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member

Yes | No

Interesting info about the value of used E39's...

We ahd ot take the X5 in for a dealer type repair and had a chance to speak with a sales guy for like an hour! Actually was a real nice fellow, owns 2 6ers. NO wonder I liked talking to him :)

Anyway, since he was a "vintage" Bimmer owner, we got to talking about the new models and how they were selling. Oh, we were just looking on the floor when the sales dude came up to us. It went on from there. Well, he said that the new BMW buyer is neccessarily buying because it's a BMW, but because they like the way it looks. This obviously means that BMW does not care about us, because they are not concerned about the the people who buy these cars for how they perform, only how they look. This tells me something else, because these people obviously have no taste either :)

But he went on to tell us that when they go to auctions to buy used cars, they are paying like WAY below dealer wholesale for cars like the new 7's, but are often paying $2k over for E39's! These cars are turing around quite fast, most of them coming off lease, as yours will be soon. They cannot keep a 530i Sport on the lot for any amount of time! So you may want to think about buying out the lease and keeping what you have, as there isn't likely anything decent to replace it.

MHO applies, of course ;-]

BYW, what does HBB stand for???
    Cheers, Bob

Yes | No

HBB (high blue book) My own appreviation ;-)

My SA said the same thing. He could sell mine in a minute. I'm going to keep it. Don't know what I'd buy for the amount it's going to cost me. Nothing tickles my fancy like my own car does ;-)
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member

Yes | No

Her Blue Book

Priceless??
    I still covet your wheels Viv and I suppose you like mine? You might as well inquire as to the cost for them to CPO the thing as well. It should be ~1500. Unless the car has given you nothing at all to worry about. Everytime I look at the E90/60/65 cars it just doesn't thrill me like yours or mine. Even Bobs would get those adoring glances. I followed a nice red one for awhile but then again there was the blond who was driving too. So far I kind of like the pics of the Z4 coupe but until I see one, the jury is still out.

2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information