+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford GT?

Hybrid View

StuM

Yes | No

Ford GT?

I've been looking at the new Ford GT's as possible partners to the Z8 and Cobra. Anyone here own or have any road time in the GT? Any thoughts or comments?

Registered Member
    Member No: 102468 jawz is an unknown quantity at this point jawz's Avatar

Yes | No

Looks like an interesting stable-mate for the Z8,

but if you're 6 ft or taller - forget it. At 6'3", I found that with the seat adjusted all the way down, my head stuck up through the door cut-out in the roof. Closing the door would have removed at least 3 inches from my skull. Let's just say... it wasn't a good look! I'd estimate that if you were 5'10 or 5'11 at the most, it might work for you.

Also, don't plan on taking any trips, because with 1.5 cu ft of "trunk" (under the front hood), you don't have a lot of room to work with, unless you send your clothes on ahead. The space is good for helmet storage for track days and let's face it - it's probably a great car for that ... if you fit.

Good Luck!
    Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

Registered Member
    Member No: 103113 biffom2 is an unknown quantity at this point biffom2's Avatar

Yes | No

Mine's on order.

Haven't got this excited about a car since the Z8! And I still love every moment in that.

I too am on the tall side (almost 6'3") and it is a little tight. Definitely a no go with a helmet. There is a post on one of the GT forums where a chap has had the seats lowered by a couple of inches, I shall definitely be following suit.

My only problem (asides from not yet having a delivery date) is that I'm going to have two left hand drive "keepers" and at some point I'm going to be taking them back to the UK...

2001 Silver/Red

StuM

Yes | No

Re: Thanks

Thanks guys. I'm still torn about the GT. Fairly expensive outlay. As I watch the market, they have drifted down to MSRP in the last two months. My local dealers in the Houston, TX area are essentially at MSRP. One red/white stripes and one blue/white stripes. Both '05's. I intend to keep the Z8 and maybe the Superformance 427 Cobra too. We'll have to see. Our everyday drivers at a new 4.8 X5 and a new M3 convt, so deciding what to drive each day is a problem!

I'll need at least one lift in the garage to store them all. The wife is really hopping mad, as she seems to think a diamond ring is a better "investment". I clearly don't agree! It may shine, but you can't drive a diamond ring!
    I'll go to see the blue car again tomorrow. After looking at both, I'm more partial to that color, even thought most production GT's are red. There's a silver unit nearby, as well.
    I'll let you know how things evolve. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information