+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: overpriced

Registered Member
    Member No: 91464 M42S50 is an unknown quantity at this point M42S50's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: OMG, what a great car

dp

Yes | No

how are you getting p500 sport if you just bought

the car? are you past the break-in already? if you're following the break-in then there's no real difference between p400 and non-sport p500, since you shouldn't be using full throttle or more than 5,500 rpm...

i'm a bit surprised at all these reports of people supposedly driving in p500 sport mode this early on. or maybe some people put a ton of miles on right away and get the service done? mine was just completed (dealer didn't have the oil filter so it has to go back for that). only drove it a little in p500sport and it does behave quite differently than in other modes. looking forward to playing with it when the weather is better.

dp

Yes | No

lol, he was threatening a 'review' of the elise

for a year but the world never heard anything but unsubstantiated whining. so don't hold your breath. he just likes to pretend like he knows something so people give him attention. he's like one of those little ankle-nibbling rat/dogs. you really gotta wonder about a guy who claims to have bought a bright-orange elise despite living 100 miles from the nearest curve (something he always uses as an excuse for not driving - that and his supposed career). i'm surprised he stopped at only claiming to 'know' three people who bought m5s as his basis for expertise. maybe it's too expensive a car to pretend to have bought himself? :)

Registered Member
    Member No: 31096 dickedup is an unknown quantity at this point dickedup's Avatar

Yes | No

Spending your investor's money on an M5 Keebler?

Maybe you and your good buddy Joe will share the same cell block. :P

"Prison Break"......starring The Keebler Elf and his mentor The Gnome. This fall on FOX. ;)

My Buzzbomb is in Austin you clueless Russkie. Plenty of curves there.

My prediction is that you'll be living in a cardboard refrigerator box by this time next year.

Yes Single Malt, the oil business does'nt pay for crap these days! Now that you sold your house to roll with an M5.......what will you sell next? Say amigo.....when you sell your brand new M5 in a few weeks, how much do you think you'll be getting fo it?

:D

Registered Member
    Member No: 31096 dickedup is an unknown quantity at this point dickedup's Avatar

Yes | No

Oh my God Keebler....others beat you to the punch!

Must be just awful for an egomaniac like yourself to be scooped in the race to that 500 sport mode. :P

You going to cry yourself to sleep tonight? :D

Txalpina just had the cojones to spool the Beast up early....unlike some sad Elf bumping about in his Northwoods workshop.

By the way, you need to get cracking on that go-kart if you ever want to make "it" happen. ;)

Registered Member
    Member No: 11051 bmwlotus is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlotus's Avatar

Yes | No

Did it in a DEMO car and took it to 8K RPM!!!

And the beast had less than 1,000 miles on it. In short, don't buy any demo M5s people!!! I am sure they have all been used and abused to the max.

Registered Member

Yes | No

There is that school of thought that recommends...

......high revving break-ins. Some swear by it.

Not me. Slow and easy up to the break-in period.. ;)

dp

Yes | No

you can't enable p500sport until after 1st service

it can only be accessed with mdrive and the computer won't let you configure that until it's reset by the dealer. so maybe the dealer reset the demo car early? in which case DEFINITELY don't buy any demos. i for one want to have a clear concsience when i sell mine and be able to tell the buyer honestly that it was properly taken care of. and it has been.

dp

Yes | No

you'll just have to lose a few more nights' sleep

fretting about my finances. isn't it like 3 am where you are? the mystery of my checkbook keeping you up still? try posting about it on a few more forums, maybe you'll feel better. you're sure to impress people by 'knowing' so much about someone who actually bought an m5. oh wait, you 'know' more than just one such individual. even i am impressed!

Registered Member

Yes | No

You have to be the most insecure Elf on The Flea!

Any idiot can buy a car. Even those who just want to "rent" one for a month or so. ;)

Drove my amigo's M5 for an afternoon......long enough to form some impressions, not to try to impress anyone. That's your little game. Note that [email protected] website of yours.

Could care less about how you lose money. It's just funny that a Hoople who seems relatively knowlegeable in some areas, can be so mentally challenged in others. :P

Damn it IS late. I must be a Night Owl.

Registered Member

Yes | No

So yours will be up for sale in just a month?

Sure that the new owner will appreciate the track thrashing you'll be giving the object of your latest affections. ;)

Why does it bother you so that someone has hit that sport mode before you?

Weird.

Registered Member
    Member No: 123152 wolverine is an unknown quantity at this point wolverine's Avatar

Yes | No

You can enable pretty much everything

except launch control. P500sport is not restricted during break-in. On page 104 of the manual:

"Do not use driving programs 5 and 6..."

These refer to the programs D5 and S5 and S6, which are the fastest shift speeds. P500sport gives you the most aggressive throttle response, but is not prohibited during break-in.

st.tully

Yes | No

First USED M5 is on the market!!

OK folks here is your chance to see how the market is on these beasts - what will a used one sell for? 1700 miles and on consignment with the dealer. Listed on that auction site - Item number: 4594179610

Personally I wouldn't buy used when new is avail at MSRP. But at some price is it worth it? Maybe 10k off?

Registered Member

Yes | No

That Portland Elf always seems to know best! ;)

You'll see for yourself in the coming weeks. Keebler is unstoppable. :D

When I was driving my amigo's last weekend out into the Texas Hill Country....she was still in the break-in cycle. We did push The Thang up to 120 mph on IH-10 for a brief period.

Like butter.

Registered Member

Yes | No

What idiot would want to lose $10K in a month?

Just to say you got to drive and own one?

This is'nt a Ferrari or other exotic for God's sakes. :)

Besides Keebler here on this forum I know of two others that bought the car to flip. One off-loaded already.......the other is about to take a nice reaming like everyone else trying to do the same thing.

Silly kids. :D

dp

Yes | No

ok, how do you select it?

not that it's an issue for me now since i've had the service. until the service the mdrive menu is greyed out, you can't access it. is there another way to select p500sport? pushing the power button only gives you the regular p500. enlighten me.

Registered Member
    Member No: 123152 wolverine is an unknown quantity at this point wolverine's Avatar

Yes | No

I just pushed the 'M' button.

P500 sport was available from day 1.

dp

Yes | No

so you could access the mdrive menu?

i could push the m button too but the mdrive mode was configured for p400 so that's all it would do and there was no way to change that until after the first service. maybe your dealer cleared the setting at PDI... mine certainly didn't. i can access all modes now of coures - just need decent weather!

dp

Yes | No

figures - throw a morsel of attention your way

and you're tangling in my feet again jumping up and down... i should know better i guess.

Registered Member

Yes | No

God Lord.....Ol' Dp did'nt read his manuals! :P

It's always the details in life that bite you in the "A". :D

He was probally getting his oil changed at this place. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information