+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 42386 Swisskid is an unknown quantity at this point Swisskid's Avatar

Yes | No

Westchester BMW - White Plains

I have had continuosly bad experience with the BMW dealership in White Plains. Since I have heard that this dealership is one of BMW North America's flagship store, particularly since the multi-million dollar reconstruction job has been completed, I am deeply concerned about the service received, the attention to detail performed, and the general way how customers are being treated (long waiting time, incompetent advise, incomplete jobs, severe disregards of saftey issues, etc.).

I have just had my car in the job for yet another job that needed to be done (despite the fact that a general service was performed in August 2005), that impacted saftey of my 2003 X5. Less than 10 days later, I am now faced with 2 traffic violation tickets, because BMW Westchester mounted the NYS registration sticker, and the inspection sticker incorrectly. $130 in fines, plus time wasted to battle the tickets, for yet another lousy job done.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42386 Swisskid is an unknown quantity at this point Swisskid's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Westchester BMW - White Plains

I am curious if other BMW enthusiast have had similar unpleasant experiences. I am not sure if BMW North America, or BMW Corporate in Munich/Germany, are genuinly interested in such unacceptable business practices, but I hope that postings of this nature (as unemotional as they can be), might hopefully lead to some results.

PS: Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm obviously not that computer savy...

Registered Member
    Member No: 9065 killeen_john is an unknown quantity at this point killeen_john's Avatar

Yes | No

I prefer BMW of Greenwich

They have a brand new service center in Portchester. I have been very happy wiith the service.
    -JohnK
    00' M Roadster
    NY/NJ/CT Area

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Westchester BMW - White Plains

I did get a 3rd ticket thanks to the stickers not being placed properly (with regards to that: There doesn't seem to be a law outlining how to place inspection/registration stickers with regards to order, but there is a Q&A section on the NYS DMV website which outlines the order. It remains to be seen if this can hold up in a court of law...)

I dropped of the car at BMW Westchester last Saturday, and spoke with the sales manager. His handling of the matter was cordial and professional. Haven't seen the car yet, but they now claim things are corrected, and the tickets (now 3 @ $65 for a total of $195) would be taken over.

I will still seriously consider other BMW dealerships for my future car needs. It's too bad that one has to speak out before being heard, instead of receiving attentive service. If I didn't want service, I would probably drive a Yugo!

Daniel
    2003 X5 3.0

Registered Member
    Member No: 145826 jjsonson is an unknown quantity at this point jjsonson's Avatar

Yes | No

Westchester BMW - Excellent Experience

Westchester BMW has treated me amazingly well, every time. They're a Center of Excellence too.

They've always treated me, and my car with respect.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information