+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 7754 rogbmw is an unknown quantity at this point rogbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Bimmer Magazine e31 Buyers Guide

Just received the latest Bimmer Magazine today in the mail - it has a great buyer's guide in it for the 8 series e31. I don't have a scanner, but it is several pages long, and seems to be well written.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81736 AJKEY is an unknown quantity at this point AJKEY's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Bimmer Magazine e31 Buyers Guide

We need to really thank Bimmer Mag for all of their recent E31 support in hopes that they will continue to include 8 series tidbits in their issues. We can support in at least these two ways. A brief thank you letter or E-mail and by buying their Magazine especially when they post E31 items. Itís been done before and the recent spotlights are a result I imagine. I for one like BMW info, but I especially like it when it concerns the 8. This is what I wrote to them.

Always been a Bimmer fan, I'm currently driving my 6th and in December before Christmas a shiny Z3 will be my 7th BMW.
    I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your recent E31 8 series support. There are very few aftermarket accessories and very few owners of this big coupe so the public support sometimes just isnít there. It is however a great car and it's nice to see that you guys at Bimmer support us with a little bit of spotlight from time to time. I show my support by buying two issues when the E31 is highlighted.
    Of course we want to see what's new too, but I think I can speak for all of us used BMW owners rare and common, when I say that your little bit of coverage goes a long way in maintaining our enthusiasm for your publication.

From Europe, to the US to the Guys at ROADFLY and BIMMER web boards world wide, a most sincere Thank You!

AJ KEY
    E31 enthusiast
    Spain

On the link below there is a contact spot for letters to the editor. If you feel like it drop them a line.

If Quizes are Quizzical,

Then what are Tests?

Registered Member
    Member No: 59644 p.devita is an unknown quantity at this point p.devita's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: BIMMER MAG 8-Series Buyers Guide (Enjoy!)

Please make sure you go to the newsstand and buy a copy of the Feb 2006 Bimmer mag, you won't want to miss out on this article!

NOTE - These pictures are larger than normal; you may have to expand them to read the text.

Bimmer Article Page 1

Bimmer Article Page 2

Bimmer Article Page 3

Bimmer Article Page 4

Bimmer Article Page 5

Bimmer Article Page 6

Bimmer Article Page 7

Peter

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

My 8 web site.
    My 8 blog.

1995 840CiA Cosmos Black/Black

2001 X5
    1997 528i
    1993 325i
    1987 325e

Registered Member
    Member No: 71085 jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow, good press! Thanks for posting.

Jef Truman
    1992 850i 6-speed
    1996 XJ6

If you and your significant other stick together, you donít shower enough.

Registered Member
    Member No: 10066 blaum8 is an unknown quantity at this point blaum8's Avatar

Yes | No

Has anyone EVER removed their

intake manifolds just to change their spark plugs? Not that I know of. A huge misstatement in the E31 Maladies section of an otherwise fine article.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50296 ladislav is an unknown quantity at this point ladislav's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks!

Nice read.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13590 cruppelt is an unknown quantity at this point cruppelt's Avatar

Yes | No

They probably meant the heater/ac air intake,

which makes #6 and #12 a little more visible when taken off. But even that's not a "must". Doesn't matter much though, It's a great article in every way, and very positive.Chris R
    1991/850i

Registered Member
    Member No: 112126 MRad is an unknown quantity at this point MRad's Avatar

Yes | No

I, too have subscribed, and written the editor...

stating that I had subscribed speciffically because of their many articles on the 8-series. I received a short email reply thanking me for the subscriptuion, and promissing more coverage to come. Imagine my surprise upon getting my first issue in the mail and seeing the 8-series buyers guide!

Is it my imagination, orhas there been a resurgence of interest in the 8 on the part of the mag.s?

Regards,
    M.R.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13590 cruppelt is an unknown quantity at this point cruppelt's Avatar

Yes | No

They told me after my email that they too love the

8 series! So, yes, Bimmer mag is changing to be an 8 series fan publication. Hooray!

Chris R
    1991/850i

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information