+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 123751 viscomsa is an unknown quantity at this point viscomsa's Avatar

Yes | No

my new 650i -- HELP

The good news: I picked up my 650i coupe two days ago -- Black Sapphire, Chateau, Sport, Winter, L7, manual, HUD, no active steering, Absolutely love it.

Bad news: After 54 miles, I got a "Service Engine Soon" and a message about emissions problem. The symbol that is displayed looks like a valve and in the manual has the following description:

"Display of the previously described malfunction on Canadian models". I am in New England so not sure why this is coming up.

Anyone ideas about what the cause is? Should I be very concerned? I have been on the same gas filled by the dealer and the filler cap is tight. I am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow if I can get there with the snow that is coming.

Thanks in advance.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6812 shaadi is an unknown quantity at this point shaadi's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: my new 650i -- HELP

Sorry I don't have any answers for you but I wanted to ask you about your colour choice. I have a black/chateau 650i due any day now and the wait is killing me! How are you liking the colour combo now that you've seen it in the flesh? I don't suppose you have any pictures you can share already, do you?

Anyways, good luck with your issues, hopefully you'll get them resolved soon and get back to enjoying the car.

SLM

Registered Member
    Member No: 123751 viscomsa is an unknown quantity at this point viscomsa's Avatar

Yes | No

I tried to special order (BMW individual) the golden brown merino leather to no avail.

But color combo I ordered is even better than I expected -- the black interior (new for the 650i) contrasts very nicely with the chateau leather. I will post pics soon so you can see for yourself.

Registered Member

Yes | No

SLM: chateau interior pics

SLM:

I added the pics to BMW photo gallery for current 6 series. They should be posted as soon as they are approved -- hopefully by tomorrow.

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/gallery/i...p?path=-437,1;

Registered Member
    Member No: 6812 shaadi is an unknown quantity at this point shaadi's Avatar

Yes | No

That's great. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 98357 MRB2 is an unknown quantity at this point MRB2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: SGV chateau interior pics

Dear SGV,
    I say your chateau interior shots on the photo gallery. It appears in all three photos that the seats appear more "red" that the usual "wine" appearance and the trim appears more "black" rather than the grey that I have seen in either photos or in person of other 645/560s with chateau interiors. Was that just a matter of lighting or were you able to get a special order? It is really a great looking combo. Making decisions on order and this would be a big help to me. Thanks, MRB

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

I think I have some posted you may have seen as well. There is a difference in 645 vs 650. The MY05 645 uses Basalt Gray as trim while the MY06 and newer 650s use Black as trim. Other than that any reddening is probably flash or other lighting conditions as it truly is wine colored and not red. Mine is 20 months old, sites in bright Florida sunshine at least 5 days a week and no signs of anyfading or discoloration in 33k miles. Still very, very pleased with choice. Hard not to stick with all the same for my MY08 update next year.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 98357 MRB2 is an unknown quantity at this point MRB2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: SGV chateau interior pics - Thanks

Dear Cobradav, Thank you for this as well as all of your other very helpful comments on the board. I was in line to get one of the first 645CiCs but changed my mind at the last second to get an M3 conv. My lease is up soon and am heavily leaning toward a 650 conv over an SL550. My dealer tells me there will be a mild "freshening" of the 2008 650, so I may hang on to my M3 for a couple of extra months to take advantage of the changes. Thanks again, MRB

Registered Member

Yes | No

No special order. Color is more burgundy than the pictures suggest. I like it best of the three choices. I tried to get the dark brown merino available from Individual but was unsuccessful. Hopefully, individual will be available on the 6er soon (recently available on the 7 series). But the chateau gets many positive comments and contrasts nicely with the interior black and ruthenium. Good luck. The 6er is a blast to drive!

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Most likely a bad sensor or inaccurate calibration. Not too much u can do about it but get into dealer very soon. Most of the service messages state the most dire consequences, but with few exceptions, these are for the most part not the case.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05 - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 21699 metzger is an unknown quantity at this point metzger's Avatar

Yes | No

It's still possible it's the gas cap. Open it, carefully and tightly reclose it, and wait a day or two. A service rep told me that it can take up to 48 hours for the warning light to go off, and I found that to be true with my M5.Mike Metzger
    2002 Z8 (silver/black)
    2006 650 sport coupe (silver gray/chateau)

Registered Member
    Member No: 116561 grahambishop is an unknown quantity at this point grahambishop's Avatar

Yes | No

A really low gas tank will do it too...

But it goes away after a while. Learned that the hard way. I lie 60 miles from the dealer and got within 5 miles and the light finally went out. Felt like a complete buffoon. I now gas up at 1/4 tankGraham

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: A really low gas tank will do it too...

I've gone down REALLY low (8 miles left - 18.01 gal fill up) and never had this, but I may just be lucky on this one fault. And yes, real fault codes will be retained for dealer to locate with their diagnostic equipment.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05 - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

A low tank will NOT cause the SES to come on

The SES light is for emission related problems, running down below a 1/4 tank will not affect emmisions, it is designed to run as low as Cabradev went. There is a siphon jet that transfers fuel to a container that the fuel pump sits in so it always has fuel.
    Graham probably had a sensor malfunction that corrected itself before getting to the dealer, a inquiry into the fault memory may have told the real story.

Registered Member
    Member No: 116561 grahambishop is an unknown quantity at this point grahambishop's Avatar

Yes | No

I certainly defer to your judgement. Thanks

Graham

Registered Member
    Member No: 130694 Marc350i is an unknown quantity at this point Marc350i's Avatar

Yes | No

In the Log

The light does not have to remain on to bring it into the dealer. The dealer will review the logs, determine the problem and replace the part.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information