+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 124281 groovemoose is an unknown quantity at this point groovemoose's Avatar

Yes | No

Traffic Lawyer Needed - Austin / Williamson County

So I'm in need of recommendations for a good traffic lawyer that operates in the Austin area (williamson county specifically) to represent me for a slightly hefty speeding ticket I recently acquired. Any recommendations?

Registered Member
    Member No: 12904 pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda's Avatar

Yes | No

A couple I know of...

Rojo & Turner sends me a letter everytime I get a ticket but I've never used them. 476-5400

I'm trying out Mark Grace for the first time now. 891-8000 I don't know that I'll bother again since I'm going to have to go to court for a hearing, which is as much hassle as doing defensive driving IMO.

Usually in Austin or Travis county I do defensive driving and anywhere else they seem to be happy to give you deferred disposition of anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months... pay the ticket and court costs and if you don't get another ticket in that time they drop it.

02 LeMansBlue/Silverstone M5
    98 EstorilBlue/Grey M3
    Blue Spec Racer Ford

Al

Yes | No

Re: Traffic Lawyer Needed - Austin / Williamson County

Traffic Lawyers are just BS! You are at the merci of the officer. If he comes in the court the lawyer will apologies to you that he couldn't do anything but take your money. If the cop wont come then you are saved but not because of the lawyer!
    Just ask the court for defensive driving and you save a bunch of money and TIME!

Registered Member
    Member No: 12904 pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda is just really nice pmiranda's Avatar

Yes | No

Lawyer worth it if they handle it in your absence

If you live or work close to downtown, you might as well try to handle it yourself... ask to set the case for a jury docket, a couple months later you show up at 8:30, hang around for half an hour in the courtroom. If the officer doesn't show, the prosecutor will just dismiss it. (Judge announces one case at a time.) Otherwise I think you have a chance to plea bargain to take defensive driving, but my case was dismissed and I didn't have time to hang around and see what happened to the others.

It's really just a matter of how much your willing to spend. The lawyer can just keep delaying the trial until the officer doesn't bother to show up and you'll never even need to go downtown.

02 LeMansBlue/Silverstone M5
    98 EstorilBlue/Grey M3
    Blue Spec Racer Ford

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information