+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 135079 dgsaunders is an unknown quantity at this point dgsaunders's Avatar

Yes | No

In need of good Mechanic - Westchester/Fairfield

Hello all,
    I just moved to the area and I'm looking for a good mechanic for my 1998 328i. I currently live in White Plains, but work in Stamford. I am definitely willing to take it somewhere else for good, reliable service.

Thanks so much for your help,
    David

Registered Member
    Member No: 6134 davidos is an unknown quantity at this point davidos's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: In need of good Mechanic - Westchester/Fairfield

Doug's Foreign Car

Work: 914-698-3100
    Fax: 0859
    E-Mail: [email protected]

501 Center Ave, Mamaroneck.
    handles a lot of nice cars. Good Honest Guy.

Tell doug Dr. Dave P. sent you. You could drop car there and walk to Mamaroneck station and take train to Ct. Not a fancy garage but Doug knows his stuff.

De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 3155
    Inner Circle ©53 since: Mar 20, 2012 m6fntsy is an unknown quantity at this point m6fntsy's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW technician in Stamford

Sent you an email with this info, but figured I would post it here, too, in case anyone else is looking for a good Stamford BMW repair shop. I happen to live in downtown Stamford and have taken my BMW to a local independent shop there for the past few years and can highly recommend this place.

Joe D'Agostino runs the D'Agostino Brothers Sunoco station on Long Ridge road (just past where Long Ridge and High Ridge split). Joe works on a few foreign models, but mainly BMWs. He has a long history of working on BMWs and it was a local BMW club that recommended me to him a few years ago. I have been very pleased with his work on my 88 325is and I have just picked up a 1997 M3 that I will start taking to him for maintenance. He is very honest and trustworthy -- fair pricing, too, in my opinion.

Open 7a-7p M-F, 8a-2p Sat.
    316 Long Ridge Rd.
    (203) 324-3966

Feel free to tell him that "Karen with the totalled e30" recommended you (yeah, a couple of weeks ago an idiot commercial pick-up truck backed up full force into my wonderful e30). Joe will treat you right.

Karen ///M TOPLS
    BMW CCA and ZSCCA Member
    99 M - Palmetto Green/Kyalami Orange
    97 M3 - Hellrot/Black

www.KarenOnline.net

RS CT

Yes | No

Not so sure about that...

See my earlier post. This guy didn't seem to want to do an honest job.

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/tristate/5843562-1.html

Would add that the shop was a dump, the guy admitted he'd never worked on an e46 M3 (as of Aug 2004), he had no idea what a CDV was, and didn't have recent diagnostics equipment and/or software. I'd recommend you keep looking!

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 3155
    Inner Circle ©53 since: Mar 20, 2012 m6fntsy is an unknown quantity at this point m6fntsy's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I've never

encountered that at D'Agostino. I think he probably specializes, however, in older BMWs and not the very latest models, so I presume that may be why he suggested that you to go to the dealer. I actually think that was pretty fair and honest for him to do that -- after all, not all independent shops can afford to keep up with the new, expensive diagnostic equipment and technology necessary for the late model BMWs.

It was an older 5-series club that originally recommended me to him in 2001 for my e30 (1988 325is), and I've been going there since then. I have recently taken my 'new' 97 e36 to him and got great results. If I need something really specialized for the e36, there is an independent high performance shop in Stamford that I might use -- ICS -- or maybe I'll drive a litte farther and visit AutoTechnic in New Milford. Anyone have any real experience with either of those shops? I have met some of the folks that work at both places, but I have not had any work done at either shop yet.

I've been taking my BMWs to various technicians around the U.S. for over 20 years, so I am comfortable dealing with techs and am not your average woman who usually gets taken for a ride by some mechanics. Since BMWs are my hobby and my dad was a mechanical engineer who did all the work on our cars, I know a bit more than the average female about cars in general and can tell if some dumb mechanic is pulling the wool over me. Joe D'Agostino has always been fair and honest with me and I will continue to recommend him.

Karen ///M TOPLS
    BMW CCA and ZSCCA Member
    99 M - Palmetto Green/Kyalami Orange
    97 M3 - Hellrot/Black

www.KarenOnline.net

Registered Member
    Member No: 12801 rogerL6 is an unknown quantity at this point rogerL6's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: In need of good Mechanic - Westchester/Fairfield

Euromeccanica in Mount Vernon. Run by Mike Shiffer.

EuroMeccanica, Inc.
    114 Pearl Street
    Mount Vernon, N.Y. 10550
    Telephone: 914 668-1300

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information