+ Reply to Thread
    Pete Schultz

Yes | No

1998 Jaguar XK8 Intake Manifold Removal

Have discovered a coolant leak on my 1998 XK8. The leak appears to be under the intake manifold... can see the yellow colant on both sides. Also, what started out as a small leek is now gettng worse... as it always does...
    Where can I get detailed instructions on how to R&R the intake manifold... In one the threads. someone mentioned a special tool to remove the fuel line... where can this type of tool be purchased.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 104809 Bloodworm is an unknown quantity at this point Bloodworm's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1998 Jaguar XK8 Intake Manifold Removal

subscribe www.alldata.com. its a life saver. the "special" tool is just a normal fuel line tool you can get anywhere. I pulled the throttle body off WITH the intake. I also went with the GO5 yellow coolant on my 98 XJ8. make sure to flush as much of the old yellow out, cause i don't know WHAT jag was using as their "yellow".

Pete Schultz

Yes | No

Just removed the intake manifold... took the TB off first... Quick Question... I found quite a bit of oily looking stuff inside the intake manifold and the ports were pretty grungy... is this normal? The car is a 1998 and has about 47K miles.

Right now, my plan is to flush out the manifold with solvent and clean it up real good before re-installing.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104809 Bloodworm is an unknown quantity at this point Bloodworm's Avatar

Yes | No

clean it but GOOD while it's off. oily huh? how oily was the throttle body if at all? there can be some blowby coming from the part load and full load breathers. the part load breather totally bypasses the throttle body, so if the TB was clean, then the oil could be coming from the part load breather.

Pete Schultz

Yes | No

Went to Abacus Racing and used their solvent pump to clean the intake manifold. They do lots's if the XK8's... said the junk in the manifold was normal.. the TB was spotless.. Think it is the residue from the gas after evaporation.... looks oily but is red and smells like gasoline,
    Where can I find the torque Specs for the intake?

Vic

Yes | No

9 to 11 nm.

Registered Member

Yes | No

time for a subscription to ALLDATA.com my friend....... like vic said, 9-11Nm. make sure you use NEW gaskets, the old ones won't seat correctly anymore.

Pete Schultz

Yes | No

Just received my JTIS CD... is Alldata better?
    Yes, am doing a major service while in so deep. New water pump, thermostat, all new o-rings, new rad and heater hoses, new air filter and a oil and filter change... Am changing to Amsol 5W30... any comments? Have been using this in my 1994 Saab 900T for quite some time with great results.
    By the way, have been restoring vintage Jags since 1972... still have my first 1959 XK150S DHC...
    Must get myself up to speed on the new breeds.

Thanks for all your wonderful and helpful comments.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Alldata is probably the same, but you get TSB's with alldata, and the search engine on alldata is MUCH MUCH better. I have both. it's all we have AND WE LIKED IT........ :)

Pete Schultz

Yes | No

Looking for torque specs on the intake manifold... What should the bolts be tightened to that connect the intake to the TB housing?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information