+ Reply to Thread
    wjosh

Yes | No

Fuel Injector Clip installation

I just cleaned and flow tested my fuel injectors. Everything went back on great except those darn clips that go where the fuel rail connects to the injector. When I try to put those back on they do not clip into place. Has anyone had any experience with these? It seems that when I clip them into place they do not go on properly. However I test cranked and ran the engine and there is a good seal around the injectors. Also the rail is sitting all the way down on the o-rings so therefore all should be good.

If anyone has any tricks on getting these little buggers on let me know.

Thanks,

wjosh
    91M5.

wjosh

Yes | No

Update - Re: Fuel Injector Clip installation

Well I figured it out. My injectors were not completely in. It is actually a little bit strange/scary the scenario. I put the injectors in the throttles and then tried to put the fuel rail on the car. All looked fine (except the darn clips would not fit on). The strange part is the car ran well even though as it turns out the injectors were not completely seated. What I had to do to solve the problem:

1) Take the injector rail back off
    2) Pull out the injectors
    3) Put the injectors into the rail with it off the car
    4) Put the clips in the their proper place (In the top ring of the injectors and clipped onto the rail. By top ring I mean you will see cutouts in the injectors to allow for the clips. With pressure on the injectors, The lower part of the clip will pop into the cutout and onto the fuel rail. The clip does not go right below the O-ring, it actually clips into the injector cut out.
    5) Put the rail with the injectors back on the vehicle
    6) Attach the fuel feed and return using your hands to pull it up tight. (note if the rail is not just right the rear fuel feed will not line up. If this happens you don't have something alligned correctly.
    7) Screw it all back together

Just thought this would be good to add to the archieve.

wjosh

Registered Member
    Member No: 63399 juser is an unknown quantity at this point juser's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the post. It will help someone.

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Thanks a lot. My clips we hanging on the side of injectors until 3 and 4 started leaking. Thanks for explaining the proper clip location.

Quote Originally Posted by wjosh View Post
    Well I figured it out. My injectors were not completely in. It is actually a little bit strange/scary the scenario. I put the injectors in the throttles and then tried to put the fuel rail on the car. All looked fine (except the darn clips would not fit on). The strange part is the car ran well even though as it turns out the injectors were not completely seated. What I had to do to solve the problem:

1) Take the injector rail back off
    2) Pull out the injectors
    3) Put the injectors into the rail with it off the car
    4) Put the clips in the their proper place (In the top ring of the injectors and clipped onto the rail. By top ring I mean you will see cutouts in the injectors to allow for the clips. With pressure on the injectors, The lower part of the clip will pop into the cutout and onto the fuel rail. The clip does not go right below the O-ring, it actually clips into the injector cut out.
    5) Put the rail with the injectors back on the vehicle
    6) Attach the fuel feed and return using your hands to pull it up tight. (note if the rail is not just right the rear fuel feed will not line up. If this happens you don't have something alligned correctly.
    7) Screw it all back together

Just thought this would be good to add to the archieve.

wjosh
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.8.161.196

User Level 1
    Member No: 189519 Marcellus0 is an unknown quantity at this point Marcellus0's Avatar

Yes | No
    Most of the problems arises only because of one reason and the reason is that we often use the poor quality fuel for our cars ans bikes which is not good for the engine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 175.110.66.133

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information