+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Pete

Yes | No

Looking to race in other groups

Hey guys,
    I've just found this board and wanted to introduce myself! I've been racing for a few years with the SCCA and would like to find some other series to run in... The SCCA is great, but the ITA guys keep getting grouped with the Spec Miatas and those guys think they're running bumper cars out there. I mean, they hit anything that moves!

I know that NASA has the Spec E30 series, but I'm stuck in the MidWest and those races seem to only be out on the coasts.

The only other option I know of is the BMW CCA club races, but they don't really come too close to me either. I did read that there was going to be a race in August out at Heartland park and I'm going to try and make that.

So I guess my question for you guys is that if my car is an '87 325e that's prepped for ITA, what should I do to make it leagal for the BMW CCA event? Also, do any of you know what class it would fall into?

Here's a pic of my car from last season...

Registered Member
    Member No: 90659 Ja_spurling is an unknown quantity at this point Ja_spurling's Avatar

Yes | No

ITA prep is legal in the Prepared category....

I suspect that you'd be in either KP or LP. BMW runs all the classes in run groups, so you may be dicing it up with JP's, JS's, or any number of other classes. If you're looking to avoid Barbie's Bumper Car syndrome, the no contact rule is very appealing. For the exact class check out the BMWCCA motor sports rule book. Have fun.

Ja_

Z3_GoCar Racing
    My Auto Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 22941 jsirota is an unknown quantity at this point jsirota's Avatar

Yes | No

How about a different car?

Why not pick a race group that appears to be more to your liking, and find a good car for that?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information