+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 90128 Socom is an unknown quantity at this point Socom's Avatar

Yes | No

People do stupid things. And a patrolman doesn't

know whether or not you're one of the "dumb ones". There's nothing more stressful on a traffic stop, than walking up to a car with dark tinted windows. Especially at night.

I didn't mean to flame you, but it just un-nerves(word?) me when a young person(not u in particular) thinks a patrolman is just busting his balls over tint on windows. They just don't understand it's about safety.

03' ZHP , Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Xenons , Moonroof

Registered Member
    Member No: 55623 mseals is an unknown quantity at this point mseals's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks for the insight

Thanks for the insight. I bought the car with tint, and I am in the process of getting a prescription for it. I will try and post pics so you guys can see it. It is really a very light tint on the front windows, and about 35% on the backs. I can see in the car in all circumstances except night time, and if the interior light is on, it is very easy to see in any window. When I got pulled over, I lowered the windows and since I turned the car off, the interior light came on. So I am sure when he walked up he could see into the car. To give you an example, the front windows are as dark as the moonroof tint.

Mseals98 528i 5sp, PP,
    heated seats
    and steering wheel,
    black on black
    with wood trim and moonroof.

Matt V

Yes | No

Re: People do stupid things. And a patrolman doesn't

Well said, I agree with you that its a safety issue for officers. I'm just one of those people that feels like the car is "mine" and I hate to think that somebody else is telling me what to do with my hard-earned $40K. I will admit I don't recommend this procedure to anyone without reasonable common sense(mainly young people). I also know that the newer testing devices being used can detect stray light, because my idea was being very widely used from what I heard and read. I didnt take it as a flame - no worries, just hoped a few people would get a laugh out of it like I did at the time and looking back at it. Would I do it again? No - I dont have the time nor do I care about tinted windows, now that I married the only fun thing to do in a car is drive it!

Registered Member
    Member No: 92326 elmalloc is an unknown quantity at this point elmalloc's Avatar

Yes | No

why patronize othres by saying $10/hour?...geeze

Matt V

Yes | No

Wow, looks like a tough croud since I left, sorry

Rusty

Yes | No

Sorry, and not that it matters to you I'm sure,

but I'm not buying it. The story just kinda smells too much of a creative mind gone amuck. Sorry, but if the story was a book I'd be looking for it under "fiction".

Rusty
    '05 330i ZHP in Imola

Unregistered

Yes | No
    If you wear glasses or have eye problems, You can get a prescription from your eye doctor stating that you need the window tinted because the sun hurts your eyes
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.56.11.10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information