Ive just bought a friends 3.0 L automatic. The car , type 6103, was bought in Germany on 6/1975, then it came to Spain with diplomatic plates and in 4/1978 the car was registered with spanish plates, and has been ever since in the same family. A few weeks ago an old school friend rang me and told me his father wanted to sell the car. I instantly remembered the car in which they dropped him and his brother dayly at school....the onl things I could remember were that the car was navy blue with beige hide interior and multispoke bmw alloys.
The car has been drived frequently without any long storage time and has always been dry garaged.
All the paperwork, homologations from 1978 say the car is a 3.0 L, and also the badges in the boot lid and the plate in the engine bay.....

........but the MOT technical papers also talk about a 6 cilinder 86mm x 80mm and at BMW they say its type 6103, and that is a 2.8 L automatic and not a 3.0 L automatic...........so, can somebody explain me this?

The car has the usual refinements such as power steering, air coditioning, electric sunroof, 4 electric windows, headlamp washers, electric mirror, rear headrests, front and rear armrests, rear curtains, wood inserts, 4 seatbelts, deluxe toolkit, Blaupunkt stereo cassette recorder, Bmw alloys including the spare one with a original Michelin XWX.

Here is a picture of the car "as bought".

Last week I took the car to our home at the countryside, 400kms away from Madrid, where Im going to store it until I finish my E24 635CSI and my old Mini Cooper.

Also Im thinking on buying a E3 2500 Manual for spares. The car is complete and has minor rust, but has a complete black vinyl interior, air conditioning, and 4 nice chrome hubcaps.....and i shall begin thinking how to tow it to the countryside.