+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 136372 C_Stradale is an unknown quantity at this point C_Stradale's Avatar

Yes | No

1st post here, have many M6 (preordered) questions

Sorry if this had already been discussed to death, but I'm not familiar with the UI here, and the search functions, so I need to ask. Hope this is the right forum for this question.
    About 3 months ago, I put a 1k deposit down for my place in line for the upcoming M6. Shortly after I did this, I received a phone call from the salesman @Braman telling me that he learned at their staff meeting the M6 release was pushed back to a Spring release. Since this car has been out in EU for some time now, I was hoping someone would tell me why such a huge delay between the EU release & the US release. Does certification really take that long, or is it something else?

Registered Member
    Member No: 136359 ktb is an unknown quantity at this point ktb's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1st post here, have many M6 (preordered) questions

where can i find info on the M6? what is the price point? thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 136372 C_Stradale is an unknown quantity at this point C_Stradale's Avatar

Yes | No

What about colors?

I assume that the M6 will offer special colors like the other M's do. Does anyone know when the color pallettes will be available?

Registered Member
    Member No: 117895 genearch is an unknown quantity at this point genearch's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What about colors?

Google is your friend.... Sheesh. All this info is available on [Oops!] as well.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: about colors

After a little lightbulb went on, I surfed over to the BMW UK site to configure my M6 there. Interlagos Blue over Black is looking very good right now! ;) Sure wish they offered it in Silver Mineral Metallic, since *that's* the color I really want!

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 119014 mkerouac is an unknown quantity at this point mkerouac's Avatar

Yes | No

Colors: Intelagos Blue, Sapphire Black, Indy Red, White, Silver Gray Metallic, Silverstone II, Sepang Bronze

Interior: Black, Siverstone, Indy Red, Sepang Bronze. Red only in Full leather

Trim: Walnut or Olive Ash. Carbon Fiber is $330 option

Options: Full Leather $3500, HUD $1,000, Sirius $695, HD Radio $??, Comfort Access $1,000.

MSRP = $96,750
    Gas Guzzler = $3,000

Registered Member
    Member No: 175302 roverblaine is an unknown quantity at this point roverblaine's Avatar

Yes | No

Looking for a sepang bronze m6. know anyone or how many were produced in 06 07 & 08?Catch me if you can............

Registered Member
    Member No: 113735 m630 is an unknown quantity at this point m630's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6 questions

the release of the M6 in the US was never scheduled before spring so the timing he gave you is right..its just marketing by BMW

...as for the pricing, it was announced a short time ago, MSRP is 96,795 (not including gas guzzler tax which is $3700 on the M5 as reference)plus there are about $7k in options available, so figure with tax its $114kMY05 645ci..Stratus Grey..Black leather sport seats..Steptronic..Sports Pack..Premium Sound L7..CWP..Sirius Sat radio...LoJack..and all the goodies...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Isn't that the way it always is?

They tease you, then make you wait. So, I guess it's gonna quite a bit more than my current daily driver,

but less than my fun car:

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Isn't that the way it always is?

they always tease...your pix didnt come thru, but

the standard colors are Indy Red, Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Silver Grey, Silverstone II, Sepang Bronze, & Interlagos Blue....of course, outside the US the Indvidual program is available with a really great selection of colors....

you should check out the M6board section of M5board(dot)com for alot of info from current owners around the world....good luckMY05 645ci..Stratus Grey..Black leather sport seats..Steptronic..Sports Pack..Premium Sound L7..CWP..Sirius Sat radio...LoJack..and all the goodies...

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Is that a 360? Beautiful car!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: nice!

is that the challenge version? its gorgeous!MY05 645ci..Stratus Grey..Black leather sport seats..Steptronic..Sports Pack..Premium Sound L7..CWP..Sirius Sat radio...LoJack..and all the goodies...

Registered Member

Yes | No

ah.i should have realized your ure ID said it all

the challenge stradale is a beautiful monster!!MY05 645ci..Stratus Grey..Black leather sport seats..Steptronic..Sports Pack..Premium Sound L7..CWP..Sirius Sat radio...LoJack..and all the goodies...

Registered Member
    Member No: 124581 noblecasa is an unknown quantity at this point noblecasa's Avatar

Yes | No

Received BMW Dealer Bulletin today (01/20/2006)

Earlier today, I received notification from my dealer that the M6 allocation will be released on 01/23/2006. Hopefully by Tuesday, I'll know when I'll be driving my new M6!!!

My understanding is that production will start in March and delivery in May. As far as options are concerned, here they are:

322 - Comfort Access
    4MC - Carbon Fiber Black Trim
    4ME - Walnut Madeira Wood Trim
    4MK - Olive Wood Trim
    610 - Head-Up Display
    653 - Digital Radio
    655 - Satellite Radio

Full Merino Leather
    X3A7 - Indianapolis Red
    X3A8 - Sepang Bronze
    X3A9 - Silverstone
    XB31 - Portland Brown
    X3SW - Black

Everything else is standard...

2VB - Tire pressure monitor (Phase in 09/06)

Registered Member
    Member No: 117895 genearch is an unknown quantity at this point genearch's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Received BMW Dealer Bulletin today (01/20/2006)

The Black is "Sapphire Black", so don't hope for "Jet Black"

Also you forgot Interlagos Blue. Supposedly there are 7 colors total, what is #7? White?

Registered Member
    Member No: 124581 noblecasa is an unknown quantity at this point noblecasa's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1st post here, have many M6 (preordered) questions

You mentioned Braman...are you in South Florida? How much over list are they trying to steal from you? Where are you on their list and how soon do you want an M6?

Enjoy!!!

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 119014 mkerouac is an unknown quantity at this point mkerouac's Avatar

Yes | No

M6 can be ordered in March

I'm number 2 on the list at my dealer. Supposedly the orders can be placed in March. Dealers can see their allocations now, but there isn't any pricing in the system yet. I'm still not sure if I can pull the trigger. The M6 with Gas Guzzler tax will be in the mid to high $90's. I can spec out a similar M5 for $85k. Just feel like to much of a premium for a carbon fiber roof and two less doors.

Registered Member
    Member No: 16913 Dave_Schmidt is an unknown quantity at this point Dave_Schmidt's Avatar

Yes | No

I agree with ya, hard to decide.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wanna play, you gotta pay

The M6 lists for so much more than the M5 because it's so much better looking! ;) This, is imho, of course, ymmv. With apologies to all current 5 series owners, I have never been able to warm up to the styling of it. There's always been a premium to pay for best looking flagship performer in any given marque, and the M6 is no exception in this regard. We must make certain concessions to having the best looking Coupe on the planet today, like a largely useless backseat. We can't do a thing about the prices BMW sets for their vehicles short of boycotting the marque, we take it or we leave it, and I, for one, am taking it! Is it a good value compared to the M5? No. Is it "fair" pricing? Probably not, but that's not the point, is it? With special cars like the M6, and even my Stradale, you can throw logical thinking out the window in favor of passion. It's passion alone that motivates us to spend what amounts to small fortunes on our "transportation."

To answer whoever asked earlier, I'm 12th in line @Braman's in PB, FL.
    THAT'S the only thing that blows about the prospect of getting this car. The wait is going to take forever! :-/

Registered Member
    Member No: 16913 Dave_Schmidt is an unknown quantity at this point Dave_Schmidt's Avatar

Yes | No

M6 has a marginal amount more torque than 650i

To me for the price diff from a 650 to M6 is not really worth the extra torque gained. Of course you get more than just a bigger engine. Sure it has the extra HP but look what rpm that is required. 4.8L vs. a 5.0L. I'd rather modify a 650 eventually which I think would end up being faster than the M6. I like the 6 series and will probably end up with a loaded 650i.

Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information