+ Reply to Thread
    Alex

Yes | No

Going to college and need some advice.

Hi Guys,

Im about to start college, and due to an extremely untimely chain of events, I am left pennyless to pay for some of the tuition fees.

Anyhow, I need your help, I am selling off all I own to pay for my college tuition and I have a question for you:

Whilst it pains to part with one of the best cars ever made, my 1990 e34 525i, I would like to sell it off in parts and pieces to get as much money as I can out of it. Its actually starting to cost quite a bit to maintain too so im not THAT sad to see it go.

But is this feasable to do? Can I sell off certain parts that are worth a bit over ebay or anywhere else? Is there a list of parts i should be selling to make back some money that you guys know of?

Any information would help

Cheers

Alex

Gary Derian

Yes | No

Re: Going to college and need some advice.

First, this is an M5 list.

Second, a 1990 525i has an M20 engine and an older variety transmission. These parts have relatively little value. Interior parts are probably in the same poor condition as those of potential customers.

A car can be worth more in parts than as a whole, but it is a huge amount of work and you won't necessarily sell all the parts in a timely manner. Shipping large and heavy parts is very troublesome also.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107781 cowpoke is an unknown quantity at this point cowpoke's Avatar

Yes | No

Advice? Student loans

Dump the car, buy something cheap'n nasty (I bagged a 2002 Daewoo Leganza w/32k miles in '04 for my housekeeper for $3250... that would work), take out student loans, apply for financial aid, take on a job and scrape by as best you can. You won't be the first nor the last to be broke going through college.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information