+ Reply to Thread
    jerry56

Yes | No

Blueototh retrofit in Z8

I was talking to the guys over at www.*********.com and they said that IF the Z8 was prewired or had the CPT8000 phone, that they could get me a kit that would give me a retrofit to provide full Bluetooth functionality. He said the pairing button would need to be in the trunk, or if I was "handy" maybe thru the same access area as the CPT8000 handset wiring comes thru but he did mention that you would only need the pairing button when you wanted to mate up the phones, and I could use the steering wheel control to activate the voice recognition.

He said the price would be the a little less than as the pre 03/02 production 5 series Bluetooth retrofit kit for $625, since the pairing button is a little less.

Has anyone else looked at this yet? I think it could be a good thing, and it sounds pretty easy. Just plug it in and find a home for the Bluetooth antenna. Is this guy full of it? He seemed really knowledgeable...

jerry56

Yes | No

If not prewired for phone

I got a follow up email saying that all US Z8s should be prewired and if not prewired for phone he has a BMW part number, Vehicle to TCU wiring Harness, that will make the Z8, any production date, to be prewired for phone. He said he had the part number available if needed. This part basically would prepare the Z8 to the point where his adapter harness would work perfectly in the car.

He also mentioned if someone would like to meet him for an install, and allow him to take pictures that he would show him how to install it OR if someone wanted to do the install and detail it for everyone else that he would walk them step by step on how to do it.

He mentioned the possibility to actually put the pairing button in the center console, where the phone is supposed to go, although mounting it would require a little creativity the first time, and he would be open to suggestions

The email address is on this page

Registered Member
    Member No: 44681 Z8Bob is an unknown quantity at this point Z8Bob's Avatar

Yes | No

steering wheel control ? SPAM ALERT

jerry56

Yes | No

good point. I did not even think about that

I guess he was not thinking about the steering wheel and I just glazed over it

fred45

Yes | No

Here is the updated webpage.

He added installation instructions. Anyone do this yet?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information