+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

NAD - UK

Yes | No

E46 330CI Front Wishbone Replacement

Guys

Need your valuable assistance. My 330CI failed its MOT on Saturday, excessive wear on the lower suspension arm (wishbone) bush. The MOT guy said I needed to replace the bush and the actual wishbone.

I can't see why there's a need to change the wishbone if the bush has worn out.

Any advice?

Thanks

NAD

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm not a mechanic - I suggest you get a 2nd opin>

ion to see if indeed the wishbone needs changing as well.

It may be a good time to look at uprated bushes as well and get those fitted up.

HTH!

Dennis! West London UK!!

james hamilton

Yes | No

Re: lower wishbone bushes

Hey i am a mechanic i have a 330d e46 with the same bushes worn i ve bought replacements for 20 quid each, they are held on simply with two bolts, there is no need to replace the full wishbone if the ball joints are in a servicable condition.
    Watch out for garages trying to screw you for full wishbones they did try it with me until i checked the vehicle myself.

Sam

Yes | No

Re: E46 330CI Front Wishbone Replacement

I am in the same situation. Although only the bush needs changing it would be expensive labour wise to try place new bushes in an old wishbone. It would be far easier and cost effective to actually replace the whole wishbone as this part which would come with bushes.

ian

Yes | No

My rear wishbone bush has gone on my 330D, James said only 2 bolts need removing which is ok , but how do you get the bush off the arm? Much tapping and banging still won't come off.

Registered Member
    Member No: 133794 DeanJay is an unknown quantity at this point DeanJay's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: For Sale Bmw Z3 2,8 Roadster Full M-Sport Pack

Hi, All I am selling my beatifull Bmw Z3 2,8 Roadster. Full M-Sport interior. Projector headlights, So much to list. Contact me if you are interested. Dean. [email protected]

GAz

Yes | No

The wishbone and bush are one part i'm afraid mate....good old BMW getting as much money out of us as they can again

User Level 1
    Member No: 198194 baldthug is an unknown quantity at this point baldthug's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GAz View Post
    The wishbone and bush are one part i'm afraid mate....good old BMW getting as much money out of us as they can again
    the wishbone and bush are not one part and can be changed although getting the bush off of the wishbone is not easy,
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 86.152.181.142

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information