+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 133794 DeanJay is an unknown quantity at this point DeanJay's Avatar

Yes | No

Full Black Leather Bmw Z3 Interior

Swaped to M-Coupe Interior have for Sale Excellent condition Z3 Interior which came from 1997 Z3-
    2 Electric Leather(Dot) Seats In Excellent Condition
    Steering Wheel Leather Black With chrome SRS Badge
    2 Leather Door Cards With Speakers

If you are interested give me a call Dean 07719645146

I``m basde in West Sussex, Near Brighton, 20 mins from the M23 of the M25

Steve (UK)

Yes | No

Re: Full Black Leather Bmw Z3 Interior

Hi Dean,

You're in my neck of the woods Brighton, I'll kept an eye out for you around Sussex.

Very quite on this uk board. I spend my time over on the E39 one.

Cheers
    Steve
    09/97 528iA SE 5sp Steptronic
    Comos Black with Sand Leather Interior
    Full Alpina Bodystyling
    Full Alpina Suspension
    18" Alpina Alloys w/Conti Sportcontact 2ís
    ACS Mirrors
    Shadowline Trim
    Clears all round
    RD Strut Brace
    RevHigh CAI
    M5 Grills
    DDE Angel Eyes
    Neat Comm. Phone Console
    2002 BMW CD head unit that plays MP3s!! w/ 6CD changer

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey Steve!
    yes really booring on this forum I`m usually on the Z3 one, found so much info from our American friends!! I love your 5! I wish I could get those lights to fit on my Z3 :)
    I just love Bm`s, i really want an M3, they coming down a little now, but I don`t have £17K :(
    keep tight,
    Deano

Steve (UK)

Yes | No

Hi Dean,

Thanks you're Z3 looks the part too.

The lure of the M3 then, I can clearly see the attraction great cars and what an engine.

I want an E39 M5 and now I've turned 25 the insurance is do able just but alas the running costs are not!! I calculated the running costs to be a whopping £10K for 1yrs motoring for me including depreciation. That kinda killed my dream for now maybe when I'm in a position to own two cars then maybe..........

You want these DDE Angel Eyes for your Z3? As you can get them to fit into the std Z3 lights. I notice you've changed yours to aftermarket projector style.

Quick Q for you, where did you get your German style number plate? I am just in the process of acquiring a P plate for my 5 and would like that style of plate. Looks superb.

Cheers
    Steve
    Full Alpina Bodystyling
    Full Alpina Suspension
    ACS Mirrors
    Shadowline Trim
    Clears all round
    RD Strut Brace
    RevHigh CAI
    M5 Grills
    DDE Angel Eyes
    Neat Comm. Phone Console

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

£10K for 1 year ? mind if you >>

post up how you came to that figure please?! as it sounds excessive to me...

Thinking about it, I guess you're including petrol costs, servicing costs, depreciation, insurance, road tax.. are you including things like mods as well? and also an 'emergency' fund ?

just seeing what your including in that cost mate...

I know insurance is 'doable' at 25 but even on an M5 it's got to be at least a couple grand?

I'm 33 and at 31 I got quotes for an E36 M3, Porsche 993 shape 911 and the Porsche came out about £250 cheaper at £1600 fully comp on 4yr NCB, im now on 5 years protected and 2 years older so can assume it'll be a little lower, so I'd estimate an M5 for a 25 year old will be 2-3 grand?

Cheers Dennis! West London UK!!

Steve (UK)

Yes | No

Re: £10K for 1 year ? mind if you >>

Dennis,

I can get insurance for £1500 a yr fully comp, I have 8 NCD and my SP60 with 3points for speeding is now gone :)

I factored in deprecation at 1.5% a month, which is low as the M5 is a desirable car however their prices appear to be dropping faster than this now!

I have been covering anywhere between 15-20k miles a year so used 20k as I am bound to want to drive an M5 more. I currently put my existing 5 through its paces regularly late at night on some of Sussexís great B roads.

That kind of mileage is going to necessitate on an M5 the following:
    1. a minimum of two services a year which I would want to be at a BMW main dealer
    2. 1 set of tyres
    3. 1 set of brakes
    4. A hell a lot of cleaning, I thoroughly enjoy detailing my car.

Also I have average 24mpg in the 35k that Iíve owned my 2.8 so I based the M5 consumption to be 20mpg. I am under no illusions I would not drive a car like that sedately more like I Ďstole ití :) which is the point however 20mpg might be pushing itÖÖÖ.

I donít have the spread to hand but all in I think I worked it out to be £9100 for the year so I rounded up to 10k to cover any repairs that would be required.

It all adds up pretty quickly.

Cheers
    Steve
    Full Alpina Bodystyling
    Full Alpina Suspension
    ACS Mirrors
    Shadowline Trim
    Clears all round
    RD Strut Brace
    RevHigh CAI
    M5 Grills
    DDE Angel Eyes
    Neat Comm. Phone Console

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: german plates

Hey Steve!!

Yer I would love M5 too, I drove one through London the other day, deliverd it to a Hire company, it`s just amazing, the feel it is what makes Bmw so prestige, because they make strong heavy cars, into the best sports saloons out there! nothing touches them.
    Did you know the Bmw 3 Series is the best second hand car to buy!!
    Autocar-AutoExpress Feb 2006- Just about everything is depreciating at the momment, it makes we wander why people actually still buy New cars? oh, the new 06-Plate thing? they are just crazy :)

suprised to hear those Insurance quates, 25 is classed as matture driver anyway! and with all those years no claims? hey I get 30mpg on easy driving sometimse 34@ 60. I`m sure you can get a better qouate! I would say 1200, get tracker fitted, try elephant and admiral, always try new qouate a few days later, as they do change! especially if you try too many times on one night! it`s like trying for a internet loan.
    I know what you mean with enjoying the power though but I`m convinced you can halve that figure!!

The plates I got from Vw show, as I love dubs too! I had a 64 Splitscreen camper I so enjoyed and dearly miss her!! I used to cruise the maderia drive in the sweet summer months.. but got my Z and enjoy it too.
    You can find them plates on ebaY, some german sellers do them too, I can`t remebber the website ov them doods at vw stall, my bro might have remembered, I`l ask him tomorrow. they are tin which makes them nice...made me laugh I confused a few Americans for some time with the plates on my car, they just kept guessing although I told them I was in uk LOL!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/deanjay1/IMG_0451.jpg
    take care man,
    Deano

Mr Harry Mash

Yes | No

GET A LOAN

Purolator Loan Company (Plc), This is the excelsior loan company We give loan to
    individuals and company at a soft inbterest rate We offer competitive rates and a pre-approval service to fulfill your needs we offer loan service to you in a short period of time.

To apply for a loan, please contact our agent:

Mrs Tracy Hooper.
    Purolator Loan Company.
    Email:[email protected]
    Tel:+44-703-194-8978
    Fax:+44-707-502-0586

Sincerely,
    Mr Harry Mash,
    Public Relations Officer
    Purolator Loan Company

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

Hiya Deano, thats my nic name as well! >>

but my usual nic name is 'Dennis'!

I remember when the Z3 was launched, caused quite a buzz in BMW circles! I had a good matey working at BMW UK head office in Bracknell in the IT dept. The thing there was that cars would be 'given' to depts. to test out and then passed along etc, the IT dept got first dibs on the Z3. I remember cruising around in my then 87 318i (slightly modified) and seeing a Z3 zip by me and just enough time to see my mate, so i turned my motor round and chased him! Talked to him and had a good look at it! he wouldn't let me drive it though! bar steward!!!

He also had one of the first ZM3's and M Coupe's as well a little while later!

I also worked for the security company that looked after the BMW HQ and spent about 4 or 5 fill in shifts there. Got to sit in the Yellow 850i they had on display at the time but the VERY BEST bit was...

being able to access all areas for security purposes and looking into the parts warehouse.. Brand Spanking new Alpina COMPLETE engines! AC Schnitzer complete Engines and all the various bits!

One time I had my 95 525i Sport and some of the workers said it looked nice which made me smile no end!

Another place the security company looks after is McLaren over in Woking, I had the fortune of being there for a weekend!

now that place is simply PHENOMENAL ! i was based over at the satellite warehouses, not their new Paragon HQ (although I was once asked to cover a shift there but couldnt make it !) in the place i was, there was bits of F1 racing cars lying around like litter! 3 body pieces of the 2004 Mclaren D Coulthard car just on the floor, I jokingly said to a staff member, can i clear out this rubbish please? he goes yeh, just drop 40 GRAND into our account and you can have it !

I was asked not to take my mobile phone with me, but i did sneak it in, thing is though, 2-3 years ago camera phones were a bit crap so the pix aren't clear at all!

Anyway, going back to yer post, just stick the interior on eBay! there's not much traffic on Roadfly for UK people, they seem to go to some of the (in my opinion inferior) UK BMW boards...

Cheers!
    Dennis! West London UK! - Currently on 2001 Volvo V40 Diesel, 2001 Subaru WRX & 2003 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Anniversay Edition power!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Hiya Deano, thats my nic name as well! >>

Hi Deano, Great to hear another voice at the uk end- you got sum great visions of the past..what great jobs!! hey bet you wish you had that £40K at the time though...imagine the profit you could make on those parts, ebaY for one would have trebled that cash:)
    ..shame though to hear you have left the Bmw sector, F150 what a machine although I can`t stand 'Ford' but the American sector is fine.

I travel to London every day, deliver cars I might have even seen you, have clocked two black F150`s round BlackWall Tunnel Area??
    I saw a beautifull Z3m Coupe in Silver the other day, I just love them cars..so different and the pace!...I can picture myself down the M11 on a quiet sunday afternoon, I class that as a safe route for a nice open up, I travell it alot too, never really see any Traffic Police..ok v.rarely! :)
    Will agree on other chat sites, I have learnt so much from our American friends on their Z` boards, so many things that have saved me from the dealer Head&Toolkit saves so much money from some real input.
    Deano

Barry Clark

Yes | No

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information