+ Reply to Thread
    Mark633CSi

Yes | No

New Edmonton Club

Hey guys, is anyone from the Edmonton area interested in starting a new Bimmer club or European car club... read Porsche, Jaguar, Ferrari, Lamborghini if there is any here. You get the idea. The NABMW Club is pretty stuffy at times. It would be great to have a club centered on the cars and fun rather than trying to impress each other with how fancy thier wines and cheeses are. Let me know.

Mark
    Edmonton, AB
    83 320i

Icabob

Yes | No

What no caviar????

As long as there's beer at these functions count me there.

Registered Member
    Member No: 128533 OFF is an unknown quantity at this point OFF's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New Edmonton Club

Just a thought: creating a club is not easy. perhaps this energy could be spent on bettering the existing club, if you have issues with it? there are not so many people around who want get involved in something like this... it may be better to join efforts rather than divide...

Registered Member
    Member No: 128533 OFF is an unknown quantity at this point OFF's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What no caviar????

... and YES, what's the club without wine and cheese and caviar and beer...cars or no cars.

Mark633CSi

Yes | No

I'll put in what ever it takes

It doesn't matter to me. I love doing that stuff. We don't really need too much to start out. Just a forum where we can let people know what is going on. From that we can judge whether or not there is enough interest in pursuing it further and form a formal 'club'. I see all these Bimmers out there that I know aren't in the club and alot of them are probably turned off by the percived snootiness. With good reason too. I think if we made the focal point about the cars and having a good time it would probably fly.

Later
    Mark
    Edmonton, AB

Registered Member
    Member No: 115742 icabob is an unknown quantity at this point icabob's Avatar

Yes | No

Club...

I was never a member of the BMW club here in the city,for various reasons,I've gone to some of the "get togethers" at Eurasia...etc.And I agree with Mark to a degree,there are some snooty people in that club,not giving myself and others the time of day,until they find out what you're driving...lol.I personally dont care if you drive the biggest piece of crap Bimmer,or a really nice black 540i...wink,wink...lol.Yes getting a club off the ground is a BIG task,and I also agree with not going into "competition" with the existing club.All we folks can do is like Mark said,lets see whos interested,kick acouple of tires and see what happens.Cheers fellow Bimmerheads...Icabob "Crane"Icabob "Crane"
    2000 540iA...Competence software...Racing Dynamics CAI...Super Sprint performance Exhaust(resonator removed)...Euro/Clear AngelEye xenons...Clear Celis rear lights...Shadowline...Black M5 kidney...Euro plate.Dyno tuned to 347hp(At rear wheels)

Icabob

Yes | No

BUMP....

This didn't get alot of airtime...lol.

Registered Member
    Member No: 49808 duckguy is an unknown quantity at this point duckguy's Avatar

Yes | No

I am In!!!!

Years ago we had an exotic car club headed up by a fellow named Raymond (A dyed in the wool lotus guy).I started and ran a club years ago (96-98)for porsches (The rennsport registry). I agree that we need an all makes club with a enthiusiast / technical approach. I Have been envolved with other clubs since (alfa, edmonton classic, etc) but I think we truly need a new, dymanic all makes club - email me.

Registered Member
    Member No: 49808 duckguy is an unknown quantity at this point duckguy's Avatar

Yes | No

Scratch that... my email does not show.... check your email mark

Registered Member
    Member No: 118980 freeheelin is an unknown quantity at this point freeheelin's Avatar

Yes | No

Go Oil! May I join?

Duckguy

Yes | No

We could always try this......

The 780 tuners Euro Club

Clem (of [Oops!] Fame) started it, and they could certainly use more action on the board

Duckguy
    2005 Mini (red/black)
    1989 Turbo R
    & Many others needing fixed/finished.....

Registered Member
    Member No: 21684 SpencerM7er is an unknown quantity at this point SpencerM7er's Avatar

Yes | No

You are an elusive guy to get a hold of!

Tried emailing you last time I was in Edmo, I guess you didn't get it?
    -SpencerSpencerM
    '83 732i

duckguy

Yes | No

Re: You are an elusive guy to get a hold of!

yeah i have moved and have a new net provider.

-Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information