+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 96525 nbfusco is an unknown quantity at this point nbfusco's Avatar

Yes | No

K40 Radar / laser dectors

Hello Everyone,
    Guys last year when I bought my M they had a K40 dector professionaly installed, But he no longer had the paperwork/manual on it. Does anyone know where I can get it? It seems I get alot of false alarms & don't think it's set right. Everything is built in, on the front & rear marker plate frames with the unit controls in the sliding compartment under the phone arm rest. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated before the LANDJET is lauched this spring!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 13509 lincoln30 is an unknown quantity at this point lincoln30's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: K40 Radar / laser dectors

www.k40.com has some manuals on the site. I don't know which model you have so I can't help any more then that. I will say that a K40, even in city mode, falses ALOT!!! I used to sell and install them and they haven't changed much over the years...except the addition of the wireless version which I'm pretty sure you don't have based on your description of the interior unit. It's just the way they are and why most people I know that have them leave them turned off most of the time. I use a V1 in my hardtop vehicle and a passport SRX remote system in my convertible. Both are excellent but I miss the directional arrows of the V1 when using the vehicle with the SRX but the SRX has the range of the V1 and even less falses. I would never buy a K40 unit after hearing complaints from about 99% of people we installed them for. It's not a bad unit and actually works if you can figure out what's false and what's real (better for outside the city, highway use).

So what am saying??? Get a V1 and find a shop that installs K40s and see if they can remove/disable the radar detector but leave the LIDAR jammers in place.
    You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely! - Ogden Nash

Registered Member
    Member No: 96525 nbfusco is an unknown quantity at this point nbfusco's Avatar

Yes | No

Where can I get a V1 and what's the cost? Many thanks....

Registered Member
    Member No: 13509 lincoln30 is an unknown quantity at this point lincoln30's Avatar

Yes | No

www.valentine1.com is the only "official" place to buy a V1 and it's $399.

A Passport SRX remote system is even harder to come by since it's only supposed to be offered by certain new car dealers at $1500-1600 installed. The SR7 is offered thru any Passport dealer but is based on different/older technology and not as good. I got mine from a car stereo shop I used to work for and it was far less then $1500 installed with the stealth mounting kit (extra $). This pricing is comparable to the K40 pricing, which my shop also sells.

00-JetBlk M5

Yes | No

Lincoln,
    On my k40 system, the front jammer is not exact level, it's actually tipped toward the ground w/the double sided tape mounted on the spoiler up against the plastic mesh & is the front marker plate interfering w/ it, because it's a few inches set back? Would it by better to level it out to help w/ the falses? The rear marker frame was ed too, I leveled that out too, but haven't driven it yet. Thanks, Nick

Registered Member

Yes | No

There should be two devices mounted up front, one is the radar sensor the other is the LIDAR jammer. Typically the only visible piece is the LIDAR jammer since it can't be mounted behind anything opaque. It must be level and facing straight to work properly since it's also transmitting the jamming signal. The radar sensor should be level but will work OK if not level. Do you have a pic of the sensor??? Post it here or email to me so I can try to determine positively which sensor you are looking at.

Al

Yes | No

You will also find that automatic (electronic)

doors will set it off as well as some security systems. So if you are driving into a strip mall, your K40 will go bananas.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information