+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 11355 theoe30 is an unknown quantity at this point theoe30's Avatar

Yes | No

race suspension on e30

Hi. I own a 1991 e30 325is which I use for solo II racing and autocross. Presently I have bilstein sport shocks and eibach pro kit springs. I'm not pleased with the handling of the car on the track: it understeers too much. I am strongly considering buying the full ground control coilover kit for 1599$. see link below

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=686/CA=8

-Ireland Enginnering front(25mm) and rear (22mm) adjustable sway bar kit 425$
    -M3 offset front control arm bushing
    -Ireland engineering rear camber adjustment kit

Can anyone tell me what I should or shouldn't buy and any suggestions on somewhat equivelant components (possibly cheaper)

Thanks in advance, Eric

Registered Member
    Member No: 75406 joelkaplan is an unknown quantity at this point joelkaplan's Avatar

Yes | No

cheaper......

.........hr race for m3 and koni sa's. Similiar to e 30 Spec cars except they use billies. I run this set up w/ rrt camber plates and assorted poly bushes. Nice set up..and inexpensive. GC C/O will be better but more $$$$$

Registered Member
    Member No: 132634 LEANE30 is an unknown quantity at this point LEANE30's Avatar

Yes | No

just do the SBars & M3CAB ...you'll be pleased

those sway bars make a WORLD of a difference, make sure you get the M3 adjustable links to go with the bars. you can completely tune that understeer out with the adjustments.

the CABs - get poly ones, they cost a fraction more than rubber, but last 5X longer ...which you'll need endurance by the sound of your activity level

the camber adjustments can help to dial in more negative camber... but that won't be worth the difference unless your running some sticky tires

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information