+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's hope.

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 6991 abqhudson is an unknown quantity at this point abqhudson's Avatar

Yes | No

Let's hope.

Let's hope that any 1-series car introduced to the US will not have the ridiculous Run Flat Tires. No run flats and a real spare and I will buy. Run flats and no spare means I will not buy.

Jim
    2002 325i
    2004 530i

Registered Member
    Member No: 176496 stelleto16 is an unknown quantity at this point stelleto16's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Let's hope.

Everyone seems to hate the run flats. I just bought the 135i.
    What's the deal with them?

Launch Mini

Yes | No

I've had runflats on my MINI and now my 135i.
    I had no issus with them, but then again I haven't tried "regular" performance tires either.
    BTW, I added the Dinan Stage 2. WOW , what a difference in performance & responsiveness.
    Do I "need" the extra power? NO, but it sure is fun.

Registered Member
    Member No: 4787 rustyh is an unknown quantity at this point rustyh's Avatar

Yes | No

Maybe you can clarify something for me (Dinan's site is down at the moment....again).

There's a thread on "bimmer fest . org" where a guy indicates that the Stage II software for his 135i is purported to achieve a 30% gain in hp and a 40% increase in torque. But I have a PDF at home bookmarked, that unless I'm mistaken was from Dinan's own website, that says the increase in hp for Stage II is only like 9 hp (?). Can't recall what the torque increase was said to be.

What's your take on this? Additionally, did you learn anything from Dinan about the issues going on recently (over the last year) between them and BMW? I know a lot of dealerships that were previously Dinan authorized dealers are not any longer. In fact, my regular BMW dealership is no longer an authorized Dinan dealer, but they won't share any details. Frankly, I'm a little uneasy about doing anything with Dinan with all this going on, even moreso with all the possibilities surrounding this relatively new engine.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, Costen

Registered Member
    Member No: 177711 thomas.cena09 is an unknown quantity at this point thomas.cena09's Avatar

Yes | No

Lets hope for the best result and a very positive one.

Registered Member
    Member No: 183700 brilite is an unknown quantity at this point brilite's Avatar

Yes | No

When replacing runflats on a 09 128i with real tires must you replace the rims also? Will the sensors perform correctly after the change? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

floydr

Yes | No

Sensors on valve stem inside rim - no need to replace, use old rims.

Registered Member
    Member No: 183700 brilite is an unknown quantity at this point brilite's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the information. I have confirmation form BMW that I can replace the runflats with tires and use the same rims. Thanks, again!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information